Question

PN50C6500TF Plasma power cycle issue, just over 1 year old

My PN50C6500TF Plasma has just recently developed this power cycling issue that can be found all over the forums. I realize that the common resolution for this issue was to change the blown capacitors, but my TV is one of the "Slim" Plasmas, and does not seem to have user serviceable parts (all components are stuck/glued to the boards).

The only way for me to stop the clicking/power cycling is to unplug the TV from the power source.

I'm also concerned that this specific Plasma isn't one of the commonly mentioned TVs with the issue, and that so far, Samsung support has been less than enthusiastic about offering any help other than "Sorry, it's out of warranty." I bought this TV in 2011, and at just over one year later, it has developed a catastrophic failure. This is obviously unacceptable.

If anyone can offer any guidance or help on how to approach fixing my practically new HDTV, please feel free to chime in.

I've included a link to youtube that displays a video from my phone of the issue.
http://youtu.be/JlrorK0aVLc

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: PN50C6500TF Plasma power cycle issue, just over 1 year old
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PN50C6500TF Plasma power cycle issue, just over 1 year old
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Re: cycle issue

Obviously it needs repair. And, being out of warranty, I'm afraid it won't be free.
Are you really saying that neither the shop where you bought it nor Samsung is willing to do a paid repair?

Kees

- Collapse -
Answer
QUICK. DO THIS (may get 3 more months!)

Head to the US site samsung.com, register the unit and you may get 3 more months warranty and then CALL IT IN!!

Good luck!

- Collapse -
Answer
Same problem

Hi. I seem to be having the same problem. Just bought a 43" plasma in Aug 2011. From just searching around I see this seems to be a common problem that conveniently happens shortly after the 1 year warranty expires. Since it's been a few months since your post I am wondering if you found out what the problem was? I would hate to call for service and pay $300+ for a TV I only paid $500 for.

- Collapse -
Re: Same problem

CNET Forums