Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Plse can someone HELP me?

by demonicgrmmy / May 25, 2005 9:37 AM PDT

I have a problem with my pc..I used Microsoft Anti virus an spyware removal..but the problem I am having is still there..something called clicksearchclick has taken an attatched it self to my pc..when I try to click links on internet sites it takes me to thier clicksearchclick.com site..At this time U cannot afford to buy any spyware removal programs..I have done the free scans an it shows on thier scan..I have went into my regedit an deleted the registry but it keeps coming back..I have dsl an it is cuasing sites to time out before the page opens it is so slow..plse plse plse help..I did a who is on the site an e-mail the individual an asked em to send me an uninstall program.(Yeah I know like they would realy do that)But I am desperate..ty demonicgrmmy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Plse can someone HELP me?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Plse can someone HELP me?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
From what I have found on this
by roddy32 / May 25, 2005 10:00 AM PDT

You are going to have to visit a HijackThis Expert forum (NOT here) and follow their directions. This is a free service from them.HijackThis is a great tool but is dangerous if used without knowing exactly what to delete with it so there are forums that have experts that have been trained in using it so I would suggest bring your log to one of them. Please be patient with whoever you bring your log to, they are very busy. You'll have to join whichever forum you decide to bring it to but that is not a big deal and is the same as joining CNET.

HijackThis download locations:

Current version of HijackThis is 1.99.1 (released Feb. 16, 2005)

Where to put and how to use HijackThis:

It is important that you run HijackThis.exe in its own folder so the backup files that HijackThis creates will not be accidentally deleted.

Open 'My Computer', then double-click to open C:\ (or the drive letter that your Windows is installed on)
In the menu bar, click File-->New-->Folder.
That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis". Now you have C:\HJT\ or C:\HijackThis\ folder. Put your HijackThis.exe there, and double click to run it.

Click 'Scan' button. Click 'Save log' button. Save the 'hijackthis.log' in your desktop. Copy and paste the content of 'hijackthis.log' and post it at one of these forums. Just follow the links on these for HJT.

Other forums that offer HijackThis analysis can be found on this link in the recommended sites section on the left side of the page.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?