Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

pls tell me the printing tips...

i dont now how printing works
pls tell me if u know 4 color printing & sepration

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pls tell me the printing tips...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pls tell me the printing tips...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That is a huge order.

In reply to: pls tell me the printing tips...

Even the basics would take a whole lot of written material. Are you talking sheet fed printing, off-set or Thermal imaging, etc...?
In the end; you are either, going to have to do the research or pay for the education, I think.

Collapse -
Printing Tips

Hello, Do you have a lot of time? Great question!
There is a lot to learn. I hope PIXELISH/Karen is reading this post from you. She will add a primer so that you understand. Karen is a professional that may be able to help you understand the basics.
Our Moderators will be able to help you understand the basics in a very simple way also.

Anyone out there that has a primer on printing and separations??? A link to simple printing and seps?

Karen, Want to take a look at this request?
Bob Proffitt, ready for this one?

There has to be an overview from the printing industry that will explain printing and separations.
Google is a good start as far as I am concerned.
What the heck do you submit to google? Printing basics?

Kevin

Collapse -
I have tried and tried and tried....

In reply to: Printing Tips

I have typed in dozens of search words on printing and found very little, without being "connected" to the right people. I am a registered member of Goss, Associated Press and a few other sites and even then, you better be fairly important to get responses to questions. I had to get my boss to give permission, for me to be a member of Goss' website.
Without paying for on-line trade school or other, I have been unable to find such a primer. Local library, would be my next step.
I cannot even get a straight answer about, other subjects in the printing bizz. Adobe In-design: Nobody knows why they are using it now??? What the hack is up with guarding all their secrets and reasoning?

Collapse -
I found my 539 dollar primer

In reply to: I have tried and tried and tried....

Adobe Illustrators book is 382 pages and covers the 4 color printing requirements, etc. This may take awhile to learn and once I do learn it; I will begin to understand why, so few are willing to give this info out for free: It takes time, patience and big money to learn this stuff, then somebody asks me to let them have that info for free? This knowledge will take a lifetime to aquire and much cost on my part. Sorry, I may decide against telling it for free to others who have not paid the same dues, as I have done. Unless of course, I have other more specific reasons to go ahead. For example: If I know you personally and have knowledge of your intentions.

Collapse -
Printing tips

In reply to: I found my 539 dollar primer

Funkid7,
Our moderators give out all technical information for free. What is your problem? Are you above them?

IT help is presently $200 per hour. Did you know that?
You have not learned enough to charge anything so far. You are a beginner and you have not paid your dues, at all!

Kevin

Collapse -
Try this

Collapse -
Try this great URL link

In reply to: Try this

Marie, The link would keep anyone busy for a great while.
Nice Post!!!
Kevin

Collapse -
Thanks Kevin

In reply to: Try this great URL link

I believe I got it from the "pixel perfect" cnet archive.

Collapse -
Pixel Perfect

In reply to: Thanks Kevin

from CNET archive. Nice link Marie. There are so many links on the archives.
Kevin

Collapse -
Marie

In reply to: Thanks Kevin

What ever happened to the original poster? Never came back or posted a thank you to you.

Kevin

Collapse -
Probably because you were kind

In reply to: Marie

enough to thank me.

Collapse -
Great link! and I'm a meany

In reply to: Try this

Maybe I didn't quite understand the question. I thought the question was about 4color printing at pressline. Apparently, this was a pre-press question. Sorry to be so nasty.

Collapse -
Meany

In reply to: Great link! and I'm a meany

and you are not.

Kevin

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!