General discussion

Please i need your help guys....

I'm having such a hard time with my computer, before 4 days i got 2 or 3 trojan horse and some other unwanted programms, with the help of some friends and i used some antivirus programs ( mcafee, norton, microsoft spyware, ad-aware ) and it looks clean to me now... After that i was having problems with the dr Watson..i couldnt open nothing only the internet...i dont know what i did but right now is working fine. I can open my documents etc etc.
When i called compaq for help they charged me 40$ for 2 weeks, and they said to run the recovery cd..
I tried but dhe recovery cd is not working. It says no factory image found....you need to use the quick restore cd..I dont have one and i need to restart my computer so bad from the factory status.
Where can i find a cd, or anything that can help me to restart everithng from the beging?
My computer is very very slow now, i have a windows xp pack 2..and is a presario 5412 RSH - US
Thank you guys, you're my only hope....
La Italiana...Happy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Please i need your help guys....
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Please i need your help guys....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Have you done the Hijackthis log (trip?)

While we're not equipped to do this... Read the following for places that do.

" FYI - PLEASE do NOT post any HJT logs in this forum !

HJT is a very powerful tool and only advanced users should use it. As we do NOT have "Security Experts" in this forum- pls. post your HJT logs in one of the following HJT forums:

- http://www.computercops.biz/

- http://forums.spywareinfo.com/

- http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

Thanks.

Posted by: Marianna Schmudlach Moderator Posted on: 06/26/2004 1:09 PM "

- Collapse -
Yes

Yes....one my friend showed me how to do it
and there we saw the trojan's...

- Collapse -
Doesn't look like it to me.

While you can use hijack to see many things, the noted forums pick over it for you. Can you supply a link to where you posted your log?

Bob

- Collapse -
Here it is
- Collapse -
I don't see the final HJT log.
- Collapse -
sorry

I'm so sorry, i 'm so ignorant with computers, what should i do about the quickrestore.
I just want to re instal everything, like the factory
status...Sad

- Collapse -
Usually it just works. But after time and damage...

You may have to ask Compaq for a better procedure. I can't supply you a new one.

I can note how to wipe a drive, but some of these restore CDs can't restore to a blank drive. If you want to try a restore to a blank drive, the name of the program is called KILLDISK and it's found with google.com

Bob

- Collapse -
Use the restore CDs that came with your computer

Put disk one into the CD drive and reboot/restart the computer. Follow the instructions. But be advised, you will need the product key number for XP to run. You should have it along with the restore disks. If you can't find it, download, install and run Belarc. Print out a copy or write the number down. This process will delete all of your data. If you don't have a copy of your personal data, make one before you proceed.

CNET Forums

Forum Info