Samsung forum

General discussion

Please help, trying to pair WEP200 with my computer

by chipsterrr / December 12, 2009 1:06 AM PST

Hello, I am currently running windows Xp. I have purchased a Samsung WEP200 bluetooth headset, and also have a USB bluetooth adapter dongle for my computer. When I plugged in my dongle, it installed drivers automatically and it seemed my bluetooth adapter was working perfectly. When I tried to pair my headset, it did detect it, and I did pair it, but I have no clue how to use it. It seems like its paired but does not do anything. I asked elsewhere and I was told to download some Widcomm/Toshiba/Bluesoleil stacks, and I did but none of them worked. Widcomm didn't install because it was telling me to turn on or plug in my bluetooth adapter which it already was. Bluesoleil paired it, but it could not connect my headset and microphone, and Toshiba detects it, but can not pair it. I would appreciate any help! Thanks a lot!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Please help, trying to pair WEP200 with my computer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Please help, trying to pair WEP200 with my computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Please help, trying to pair WEP200 with my computer
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 13, 2009 4:06 PM PST

chipsterrr,

The WEP200 is a phone bluetooth adapter. Are you trying to make it work with your computer?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Bluesoleil
by chipsterrr / December 13, 2009 7:04 PM PST

Yes that is what I am attempting to do. In fact, I did get it to work with an older version of BlueSoleil so that's solved, but the problem remains that it is an evaluation copy and I don't know how to get around that! Thanks for your help! If you know how to fix that, it would be great!

Collapse -
Bluesoleil
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 16, 2009 1:50 PM PST
In reply to: Bluesoleil

chipsterrr,

I've never seen it done. Not to say it's not possible, but I'd have no idea how to make it work. The default code should be 0000 - that's about all I got, and you're probably already on top of that. Happy

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?