Windows 7 forum

Question

Please help me update intel system drivers/upgrade from XP?

by pdoyle10 / April 29, 2011 7:34 AM PDT

upgrading from XP Professional to 7 Professional 32 bit; most programs are working fine, but having trouble with nvidia dual view; which i also had trouble with on XP. Most other programs are working fine. I had checked for compatibility.
i've been working with driver max some of the updated drivers through driver max "fail to install". Have tried disabling firewall and antivirus; here's the link to my driver configuration...

http://www.drivermax.com/driver/drivers.php?computer_id=277B2D2HV3Y999PVAWMDHSBR1RV870&iduser=467319

I don't know, maybe these system drivers are not important...i've tried the Dell website but they have no drivers for 7.
i've tried Intel website but they say can't update, have to get drivers through microsoft windows 7. tried auto update windows, search for missing drivers, etc.; it says i'm all updated. but driver max says no.
desktop is a Dell Optiplex GX520; refurb, boutght with XP professional; i upgraded to 2 GB RAM; 500 GB caviar green hard drive. processor single core, 2.93 MHz. Negear WN111v.2 wireless USB adapter; connecting to Netgear WRN2000 router acting as access point, ethernet cabled to FIOS Actiontec WRM... primary modem/router.

thanks pdoyle

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Please help me update intel system drivers/upgrade from XP?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Please help me update intel system drivers/upgrade from XP?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
What doesn't work?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 29, 2011 9:26 AM PDT

You find a few camps or thoughts about this.

1. "It works" don't fix it.
2. "I want the latest driver even if it breaks my system."
3. "I only want what works."

The list goes on but looking at your link, I can't tell what needs fixing.
Bob

Collapse -
you're right
by pdoyle10 / April 29, 2011 10:10 AM PDT
In reply to: What doesn't work?

thanks you're correct;
virtually the only thing that doesn't work is the nvidia driver in that i see no option for Dual View, which did work on XP; but i wonder if windows has its own function for that; on Display of control panel, one can set up two monitors. maybe i'll try to get that working.
thanks for confirming what i wondered.
pdoyle Grin

Collapse -
Yes I noticed that too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 29, 2011 10:20 AM PDT
In reply to: you're right

I'm on an ATI card now and I don't use Catalyst for the dual view here anymore.
Hope this helps,
Bob

Collapse -
Driver Scanner
by richierein / April 29, 2011 3:23 PM PDT

I have been using Uniblue's Driver Scanner 2011. They offer a free download and scan but it will cost a few dollars to actually due the scanner update, Take a look.

Richie

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!