General discussion

Please help me understand what this error is!

I have a E310 dell media center edition 2005 rollup 2,with xp pro PC.
It has a 6200 nvida graphics card with 80 gig HDD, 2.80 ghz pentium 4
hyper threading. I keep getting this event log in the system logs
HHCTRL 1904 (ID) category (none)- The description for the event Id (1904) in source (HHCTRL) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE=
flag to retrieve this description; The following information is part of the event; res://ieframe.dll/navcancl.htm,http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?Link ID=45840.
I get 8 to 10 of these almost daily, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mark

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Please help me understand what this error is!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Please help me understand what this error is!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Mark

From what I found it seems to have something to do with update 896358

This LINK has some links that don't work.Scroll about 3/4 of page to
//office.microsoft.com/assistan...&respos=9&rt=2, //go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=45840which will direct you to LINK

I know this is confusing,this is the way the link is,

Tom

- Collapse -
I found what it is from,thanks to you

This error comes from the program Process Explorer,when I try to use the help file. I need that file sometimes because I do not understand alot of the stuff. Thanks I will try to use the links you gave me to my advantage.

- Collapse -
(NT) Your welcome,thanx for posting

CNET Forums