Laptops forum

General discussion

by uptop_456 / August 16, 2006 12:16 AM PDT

hello i am a college student skeeking out for a laptop specificaly with these preferances. 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo processer, 2GB of RAM, a high end Video card like Nvidea (because im a gamer, weighing in at around 3 to 4.5 pounds because im going to be commuting alot with a 12in to 14in screen. Now ive done some research and found the Sony VIAO SZ280 which has everything im looking for plus a fingerprint reader which i think is cool, but is expensive and has only a 128MB Nvidea Geforce turbocache in which im not sure if i'll get all my moneys worth with all that because i want to play the Sims 2 without any problems at the best quality. The Second one is the Dell XPS M1210 which is cheaper and has 256MB Nvidea Geforce turbocache, but the recall about Dell batteries blowing up and the fact that it over heats doing the littlest of things makes me lean more to the VIAO. and the VIAO doesn't heat up as much as the Dell based on user reviewds. So you please help me on making me choose which one is best for me thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PLEASE HELP ME! SONY OR DELL
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PLEASE HELP ME! SONY OR DELL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Dell Batteries
by Baper / August 16, 2006 3:11 AM PDT

The news reports I have read indicate that the batteries in the Dell computers were made by Sony, so it may be a toss up.

I doubt that Dell will be shipping anymore notebooks with defective batteries.

Collapse -
by udayan71 / August 16, 2006 3:15 AM PDT

You'll be fine, they will be much more careful with batteries. "The time when an airline is safest to fly is just after a crash" - that applies here.

Also, please don't write in ALL CAPS.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?