Question

Please help me in building site

Dear users of CNET.

I believe this is right forum category, since I am going to talk about my site design.

In few words, I am building weather portal and spent a lot of time on improving it. I made it W3C compliant, without errors. It supports HTML5 and CSS3 technologies.

But I am unsure that it looks good...

Could you please share your thoughts about my project.

Here is the URL: atorb.com

Thank you.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Please help me in building site
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Please help me in building site
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Looks fine but weather sites are a dime a dozen

Or maybe too many. I suggest you find another angle and set off on a new direction.
Bob

- Collapse -
Hobby

I do understand your opinion. But, this is mostly hobby project, and competition is good.

- Collapse -
Then I write

It's fine and it's time to try other ideas.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
weather

use more than one color in it. because there is lots of blue color in it. rather the theme and the objective of your site related weather portal is being cleared but add some more stuff use different color and layout to design it appropriately.

- Collapse -
Answer
looks good

It looks nice....really good....

something different

- Collapse -
Answer
Better to go for Wordpress

WordPress is better to develop websites without any complaints and designing themes also nice.better to go for that side.

- Collapse -
Answer
php tutorials
- Collapse -
Answer
Looks good

Simple theme, clean layout. Yes, it's predominantly blue, but it will just give your site something like a signature.

Also, not sure if you started this on WordPress or migrated it, judging from the previous comment. Anyways, great job!

- Collapse -
Answer
How to Start / Create Your Own Website

Create Your Own Website for beginners:-

1.Get Your Domain Name
2.Choose a Web Host and Sign Up for an Account
3.Designing your Web Pages
4.Testing Your Website
5.Collecting Credit Card Information, Making Money (If you are selling products or services, you will need some way to collect credit card information)
6.Getting Your Site Noticed (When your site is ready, you will need to submit it to search engines like Google and Bing) apart from this (SEO Services)

CNET Forums

Forum Info