Thank you for being a valued part of the CNET community. As of December 1, 2020, the forums are in read-only format. In early 2021, CNET Forums will no longer be available. We are grateful for the participation and advice you have provided to one another over the years.

Thanks,

CNET Support

Question

Please help me in building site

Oct 23, 2013 3:11AM PDT

Dear users of CNET.

I believe this is right forum category, since I am going to talk about my site design.

In few words, I am building weather portal and spent a lot of time on improving it. I made it W3C compliant, without errors. It supports HTML5 and CSS3 technologies.

But I am unsure that it looks good...

Could you please share your thoughts about my project.

Here is the URL: atorb.com

Thank you.

Discussion is locked

- Collapse -
Answer
Looks fine but weather sites are a dime a dozen
Oct 23, 2013 3:14AM PDT

Or maybe too many. I suggest you find another angle and set off on a new direction.
Bob

- Collapse -
Hobby
Oct 23, 2013 3:17AM PDT

I do understand your opinion. But, this is mostly hobby project, and competition is good.

- Collapse -
Then I write
Oct 23, 2013 3:21AM PDT

It's fine and it's time to try other ideas.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
weather
Oct 24, 2013 11:07PM PDT

use more than one color in it. because there is lots of blue color in it. rather the theme and the objective of your site related weather portal is being cleared but add some more stuff use different color and layout to design it appropriately.

- Collapse -
Answer
looks good
Nov 1, 2013 4:38PM PDT

It looks nice....really good....

something different

- Collapse -
Answer
Better to go for Wordpress
Nov 12, 2013 6:53PM PST

WordPress is better to develop websites without any complaints and designing themes also nice.better to go for that side.

- Collapse -
Answer
php tutorials
Nov 19, 2013 5:45PM PST
- Collapse -
Answer
Looks good
Jan 17, 2014 1:53PM PST

Simple theme, clean layout. Yes, it's predominantly blue, but it will just give your site something like a signature.

Also, not sure if you started this on WordPress or migrated it, judging from the previous comment. Anyways, great job!

- Collapse -
Answer
How to Start / Create Your Own Website
Jan 28, 2014 12:54PM PST

Create Your Own Website for beginners:-

1.Get Your Domain Name
2.Choose a Web Host and Sign Up for an Account
3.Designing your Web Pages
4.Testing Your Website
5.Collecting Credit Card Information, Making Money (If you are selling products or services, you will need some way to collect credit card information)
6.Getting Your Site Noticed (When your site is ready, you will need to submit it to search engines like Google and Bing) apart from this (SEO Services)