Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

please help if you can

I am trying to scan a document to microsoft word,how can i type on it,i need this for work,its a form i need to write on,or is there another way of doing this or another program?Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: please help if you can
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: please help if you can
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: scanning a form

In reply to: please help if you can

Several suggestions in http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6129_102-0.html?forumID=29&threadID=128981&messageID=1457364#1457364 and http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6129_102-0.html?forumID=29&threadID=199794&messageID=2146342#2146342

And let me suggest the good old typewriter. It's still the ideal tool to type on preprinted forms. And 'writing', of course, can be done with pencil or ballpoint also. Restricting yourself to the tool MS Word might mean you're making it rather difficult for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Collapse -
thanks

In reply to: Re: scanning a form

I do write them pain in the butt and i am on the road allot,with a lap top.I broke my hand many times when i played hockey and it bothers me allot,it would much easier for me to download my form and add to it,i work in the mental health proffesion and it would be so much easier for me to scan the doc. and add to it,i can type 60 words a minute,thanks anyways

Collapse -
Then:

In reply to: thanks

try the suggestions in the two threads I linked to. You might also try to add the scanned picture as a watermark to the page.

Kees

Collapse -
thanks

In reply to: Then:

I really dont understand what you mean im new to this,i have a document i need to put on my laptop and fill in the spaces with text,i have a scanner,can you explain in detail how to do this please in child terms lol thanks

Collapse -
Re: form

In reply to: thanks

Sorry, but I've never done this myself, and I can't give detailed instructions.

First of all you should scan and keep the result as a picture (a .bmp should be perfect). Than insert it into word as watermark of background as described in http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA010563291033.aspx.

Then play around with distance between lines (space before properties) and tab-positions to easily get to the exact position of the 'field' you want to fill in.
Or try to add fields on top of the picture, as indicated by papaecho in the first thread.

Hope this helps.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.