Two free scanners are my preferred method. Follow the steps below:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below. (Yes, it says it's "shareware" and costs money.. It's not.. The free tool performs scans and removes malware perfectly.):
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
When that's done, then download, install, then update the free removal tool in the link below.. Once that's done, restart into Safe Mode and run a full system scan using SuperAntispyware. Remove anything it finds.:
SUPERAntispyware Removal Tool]
How To Start In 'Safe Mode'
Hope this helps.
Help!! My computer was just infested with huge amounts of viruses. I downloaded something (NOT porn) and should have checked it better -but stupid me (really stupid since I am usually very computer savvy) didn't check it and now I am infested.
I downloaded Spybot and ran that - it got rid of about 90% of the nasties, but a few stuck around:
I also had Smitfraud, but I was able to knock that one out.
From what I've read - Virumonde is a nasty ******* and I downloaded and ran Vundofix.exe and that said it didn't find any files - when I use spybot it says it fixed the problem but those three trojans keep popping up in subsequent Spybot scans.
So I have a few questions for the extremely computer savvy amongst you:
1. Is there some freeware that I can download to kick these things out of my computer that I haven't tried already?
2. I have no problem completely wiping the hard-drive clean and re-installing windows - but I have a few questions:
A. The ONLY thing I care about on my C: drive is Microsoft Money - it is the only program that contains any sensitive information that I don't want others to get. My computer is pretty lean - I have an external hard-drive for all my pix, music, videos, etc. My programs can be re-installed quickly and easily. My question is - do these trojans get the information from Money? If I copy Money to the external hard-drive is there a risk that the external drive will get the virus? As soon as I noticed the virus I disconnected the internet and yanked my external so they have not been connected to the computer since I got the initial viruses.
B. Is there any risk to reconnecting my external hard-drive?
3. Is there anything else I should be worried about that I'm not thinking of?
Any help would be greatly appreciated and met with intangible internet hugs and kisses - I know this sounds weird, but this is the first major virus attack I've ever had in the 12 years that I've been computing - so I'm a little freaked, but I want to learn from this experience too (like don't trust P2P all the time).
Thanks in advance.....