Cameras forum

General discussion

Please Help - Concord Eye-Q Duo 2000 program won't install

by Palbug98 / June 21, 2005 11:46 PM PDT

I have a Concord Eye-Q Duo 2000 Camera and Windows XP and I have downloaded this program before on this same computer successfully several times. Recently I had work done on my computer and when I got it back I had to reinstall all my programs. Everyone worked except the one for my concord digital camera. The disc boots up and gives me the Welcome screen - giving me 4 choices and will let me go to all but the install program. I also went to start - Run - Browse - found the cd and clicked on setup and nothing happens. There are no error messages either. If there is a way to do this via the internet I would appreciate any help. I have pictures on this camera and can't remove them. No memory card just in the camera memory.
Thanks Pat
palbug98@aol.com

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Please Help - Concord Eye-Q Duo 2000 program won't install
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Please Help - Concord Eye-Q Duo 2000 program won't install
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Pretty common if...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2005 12:12 AM PDT

The USB motherboard drivers are not installed. I find that very few techs get that right.

What work was done?

Collapse -
Please Help? Concord Eye-Q Duo 200 won't install
by Palbug98 / June 22, 2005 6:30 AM PDT
In reply to: Pretty common if...

Thank you for your input. My sistem was giving me error messages and My computer repair person saved my info and cleared and reinstalled basic programs. When I got it home We were able to conect the printer which uses the same port. Is there something else that might need to be done?

Again Thanks this is my first time using a message board. My daughter uses them all the time.

Pat

Collapse -
Sure sounds like tech missed some drivers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 22, 2005 6:56 AM PDT

But given only what you write in these forums I can't guess what driver you will need. It will likely be called a "motherboard driver" but at this point that's all I can tell you.

http://www.usbman.com notes this issue often.

Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by Palbug98 / June 22, 2005 10:37 AM PDT

After restarting my computer and pluging in my usb cord and camera the computer noted it found new hardware. I put the program CD in and ran it gave me an error message that the file coachcap.sys' on Unknown is needed. I did a search in my files and on the hard drive but couldnot find anything with this name. so it would not complete the instalation.

Collapse -
concord duo 2000
by lollipop05 / July 20, 2005 11:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

hello,

i am havin the same problems! it says something about coachcap.sys ..whats that mean? please help me Sad it has worked before i don't know whats wrong

thanx laura

Collapse -
Read ...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 20, 2005 11:42 PM PDT
In reply to: concord duo 2000
Collapse -
concord duo 2000
by lollipop05 / July 21, 2005 7:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Read ...

i unistalled the software as it wasn't working then ...

''I put the program CD in and ran it gave me an error message that the file coachcap.sys' on Unknown is needed. I did a search in my files and on the hard drive but couldnot find anything with this name. so it would not complete the instalation. ''

which obviously someone else can't do how do i sort this? please help many thanx laura

Collapse -
Just FYI
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2005 10:49 PM PDT
http://www.google.com/search?q=the+file+coachcap.sys%27+on+Unknown+is+needed. finds you are the first to note this error message.

Maybe there's a typo in there, but I don't guess what the real error message could be. Try it yourself and type that error message (without typos) into google.com to see if others have seen it or a solution.

-> In closing, why not return this item. It appears to be not ready for sale.

Bob
Collapse -
huh?
by lollipop05 / July 21, 2005 11:51 PM PDT
In reply to: Just FYI

i don't know what typo's are and nothing simple and understandable came up! i am only 16 but my parents are also confused by this!!

Collapse -
A typo is...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 22, 2005 1:15 AM PDT
In reply to: huh?

A typographical error. The error message you supplied is not one that is in the general knowledge out there at google.com

I'd help but I limit my help to supplied information. If a member will not correct typographic errors or supply error messages I guide them to where they can do their own research. Look at my profile and look how many members we have.

-> You have to help by doing your part.

Bob

Collapse -
coachcap.sys
by wileynova2 / January 30, 2009 7:43 AM PST

you need to change your camera drivers and that is a vista eror message.plug in your camera right click my computer goto properties click on device manager. imaging devices box should be open with an error cone by concord right click on it and click on update driver solfware then select search the internet for drivers. after update you will have 2 new devices COACH DIGITAL CAMERA AND COACH VIDEO CAMERA the driver you need is Accapella 4.42.0.0 this also workers for win vista and you will also still need to use arcsolf camera suite to get your pictures

Collapse -
Concord Duo LCD Eye-Q
by Apt411 / October 20, 2006 1:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks

You can use these cameras with XP, but you have to choose the HDD option in the Setup menu of the camera. Turn camera on and go to Setup menu (you must be in correct mode because the camera has two menus: one for taking pictures and one for viewing same). Then choose HDD. If the camera is set to PC option of this menu item, it will try to connect using software.

If you use the HDD option, XP will treat it similar to a Zip drive device, and therefore you can use it.

Go to My PC in XP, and choose the new drive which will appear.

I wrote this quickly, so I hope it is inteligible.

Collapse -
concord eyeq
by wileynova2 / January 29, 2009 2:04 AM PST

insert disk click on open folder to view files. double click arcsolf,
scroll down to setup. in stall!
next scroll up to drivers and double click and click on setup

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.