Phones forum

Question

Please Help!!!

by soofigee / December 24, 2012 2:08 AM PST

Hello,. I am a classic nokia user and using only nokia set since nokia 3310, old school nokia handset. I just bought Nokia 500 few days back. I upgraded its software using Nokia Suit, it installed perfectly without no error, whatsoever and my phone worked perfectly. Then i backup my data to my pc using nokia pc suit. Then a day before i downloaded IM for Nokia Chat on the go V3.14.10 application from Nokia store. It downloaded perfectly without any error but when i tried to enter my details on it, my phone set light gradually go dimmed and i seen vertical lines on my display screen and then i have to restart my phone. Then i uninstalled that cursed application. To prevent any further problem, i hard reset my phone and then reinstalled my software using Nokia PC Suit today, it also installed perfectly. Then i restored my all backup data while using nokia pc suit. but i could not see my customize applications icons which i installed before hard reset. I can see their installation files in installation menu but i cant see their icons on the main menu and i cant use them.then i tried to download again those application from phone using Wifi or using nokia suit which was previously on my handset before hard reset but whenever i try to install those particular applications i got installation failed error. While i can easily download and install those application which was not on my phone before hard reset and before re installing software.What i am doing wrong or what went wrong?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Please Help!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Please Help!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Some cell phones have you change a setting.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2012 2:11 AM PST
In reply to: Please Help!!!

On Android phones it's Allow 3rd party applications. Maybe you forget such a setting. I don't see you supplying links to a manual so I'll share this and leave it at that.
Bob

Collapse -
Please explain
by soofigee / December 24, 2012 2:20 AM PST

thanks for a swift respond Bob :). Can you please explain what more information you need?i didnt change any settings. I just installed and reinstalled software update using Nokia PC Suit. But my problem is that i cant see and install those third party applications which was on my phone before hard reset. It didnt prompt for any settings change neither i did any change. My phone has Nokia Belle software. Its not Android i think.

Collapse -
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2012 4:44 AM PST
In reply to: Please explain

No manual so I can't check that for such a setting.

You do bring up a good point. Do you think ALL devices should have a PROMPT to ASK to change such a setting? Such would be an OS feature so you'll have to go after the maker of the OS for such a change. I can share on Android you must change it or installs fail.
Bob

Collapse -
Here is manual
by soofigee / December 24, 2012 4:55 AM PST
In reply to: Sorry no.
Collapse -
Thanks. But
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 24, 2012 5:57 AM PST
In reply to: Here is manual

This Java powered phone is not like your usual PC or Android. I found nothing that told us you needed to use more than Ovi to install apps.

Look at the section titled "Increase available memory so you can add more content". I looked and can't find where it reports how much memory is available. It's usually very small and it's common for these phones to run out and installs to fail.

There are some folk that think any Java app should run. No, that's not true.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!