Hello there forum'ers, please excuse my amateur status, but I do have a couple questions, which, if answered, would make me a happier person. Just today I purchsed an Inspiron 6400 w/Windows Vista Home Basic, which I believe will do for me, as I am a student.
So, as I mentioned I just purchased this laptop. There are a couple things that I would like to comprehend.
Ok, where should I start?
When responding, please do so by putting the response next to the number, thank you!
1. As with any other system, it is reccommended that you install a third party anti-virus. I need/want to do this, but everything as of now, that I know of, is only compatible with Windows XP, and the laptop runs Windows Vista. What kind of anti-virus programs will work with my laptop? (To be specific, today I bought Kaspersky Anti-Virus Version 6 with Spyware Protection) Will this work?
2. I need to obviously install Microsoft Office. Will Office 2003 work or do I need to install Office 2007?
3. Will Limewire work?
4. Will Starcraft/Starcraft Expansion work?
5. Will iPods work?
6. MSN Messenger?
8. Google Earth?
8. Yahoo Messenger?
9. Older versions of Webcams?
10. Older versions of usb mouses?
11. Older versions of usb keyboards?
12. Flash drives?
13. My Sidekick 3?
14. Networking with a Windows XP computer?
15. Having a Wireless Printer Network between my Windows XP Desktop and my Windows Vista LapTop?
16. Do you know of any prominent compatibility issues that exist between Vista and XP? If so, which ones? Can you list them?
17. Where could I buy software for Vista?
18. What are some changes in Vista that I need to know of? The more prominent ones that might cause trouble later?
19. What shouldn't I do and what should I do with Vista?
20. Will there be updates for Windows Vista?
21. Kind of redundant, but what WONT work for Vista that you think would/should...anything on XP that doesn't work on Vista?
This one tip will help you sleep better tonight
A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.