Computer Help forum

General discussion

Please advise on pc diagnostic and repair tools

by blackflame / May 24, 2005 6:08 PM PDT

I am starting my own pc repair and setup business. I am on a fairly tight budget and would like the best quality software and hardware tools I can find. I am certified A+, Net+, and I-Net+, but there is still so much to learn.

Could anyone suggest some good quality pc tools that has worked for them. I doubt I will be doing much cabling or any really extensive network jobs.

I already have all the usual basic free stuff like Ad-Aware, BHO Demon, Spybot, Spyblaster, and Norten. I am looking for a program that will diagnose and repair registry problems, missing or incorrect links, system recovery, boot disks, etc., preferably in one package.

Any insight from experienced techs would be helpfull and I do not intend to operate outside of my area around El Cajon, CA.

Apprieciate Your Help
CM

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Please advise on pc diagnostic and repair tools
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Please advise on pc diagnostic and repair tools
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
what I have used
by phantazy / May 24, 2005 6:51 PM PDT

Not a tech but take a look at ;
Resplendent Registrar
jv16 tools
Total Commander
Registry Healer

Collapse -
Also
by phantazy / May 24, 2005 7:12 PM PDT

I re-read your post and should have added
Everest by Lavalys
Sandra 2005 by Si-soft
Burn in Test,
I would guess you know these already.

Collapse -
And also
by Saintman / May 25, 2005 11:39 AM PDT

Im also not a tech but you should burn a Knoppix and a Bart PE disk with appropriate plug-ins, both are great for saving data on a harddrive with a failed operating system. Budget isnt a problem with these, they are both free.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) And Reg seeker
by jcd / May 26, 2005 8:02 AM PDT
In reply to: And also
Collapse -
pc diagnostic and repair tools
by eagleliu518 / June 10, 2009 11:22 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.