General discussion

Please Advise me I need Info...

Dear All, Hi, keep the good solutions coming!

I have a question for you. Its regarding my Dell Vostro 220n PC. I want to upgrade it...

It has a 350-watt power supply and a PCI-express Slot (type 1.0 , 2.0 or 3.0 i dont know..) for adding a graphics card...
It already has a built-in 1024MB (1GB) video memory...

I am sort of new to the graphics cards and gaming industry...

Please can you advise me as to which would be the best choice for a graphics card for my ususal HD video editing / converting and viewing
and also I am a casual gamer like Need for Speed Undercover, Tomb Raider Underworld, EA Sports Cricket 2007 and Fifa 2010.

Hope you can help me select and buy a Graphics Card for my PC..

and I almost forgot...
my PC has a 2.50GHz Dual-Core E5200 processor and I have 2048MB (2GB) RAM.
My system is 32-bit now and it is written 64-bit ready... I am currently running Windows XP SP3 but can i upgrade it to Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit or i have to use 32-bit ver?

I am also planning to upgrade the Power Supply as required and i will add more DDR2 Ram if required...

Can I also upgrade my processor i have a LGA775 Socket on a Dell 0P301D Motherboard?

I think this info is enough for you to help me decide the best possible graphics solution for me...

hope to hear from you soon...

please do reply as this is my first e-mail to you...

can you also please send me your web links, youtube channel, blog, etc.

bye---
Mohammad.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Please Advise me I need Info...
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Please Advise me I need Info...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Let's say you don't want to replace the power supply.

Then I can write that my HP d4999t (you can google the specs) uses the Zotac GT240 1GB PCIe card and even with a game running it taps 120 Watts from the line. This means I didn't have to replace the power supply.

As to the CPU, I would not touch that.

Good hunting,
Bob

- Collapse -
Suggestion...as you ponder the alternatives, consider

buying new as well. Once you start with a more robust PSU, a new video card for gaming, more RAM, an upgrade CPU and a new OS...you might be at the point where a complete new unit may be the better value.

VAPCMD

CNET Forums

Forum Info