Computer Help forum

General discussion

playing video- dx9c issue

ok, i coppied this from another forum, but i have the same exact issue as this guy, and our specs
are pretty much the same. if anybody could find out how to fix this, that'd be great.
i've spent days searching online for a solution, nothing seems to work.

here's the problem-

I'm running a WindowsXP sp2 System
AMD athlon 2000Mhz proccesor
1,5GB ram
256mb GeForce 6600LE (nVidia)
and so on...

Ok at first everything seems perfect, I can play (new) games, do Photoshop and illustrator I can edit in AfterEffects and Flash blablabla...
BUT I CAN'T PLAY ANY VIDEO FORMAT!!! (exept flash video)
Everytime I try to play a video (all codecs are at the system) my system jamms like a rock.. it looks like I have a framerate of 1fps or something. Only when I open the task manager my CPU drops back to 0 (instead of 100%)
and I can close the app.

Ok, it's not the memory (tested that)
it's not the mediaplayer (tried all at the market)
it's not the codec's (tried all formats)
graphicscard seems fine according to the DXDIAG wich says that everything is alright. The Nvidia helpdesk couldn't figure it out either.
I've been on a lot of help site's and I'd tried every trick in the book but nothing seems to help. :@

It all worked once until I decided to buy an extra harddrive and re-install Windows.

The only sign I had of what it could be was when I tried to play an divX avi in divX player, it said that I have to re-install my directX, wich I've done tons of times just like re-installing my graphicscard.

- here's the link to the thread

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62984.html

pleeeease somebody tell me how to fix this; its annoying the hell out of me and wasting
lots of my time. i have sp2, dx9c, latest nvidea driver, k-lite codec. tried playing my movies
with lots of different players- wmp11, wmpc,- each end up with the same result. i don't want
to uninstall direct x, fearing it will lead to other issues.

thx for reading, plz help me out

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: playing video- dx9c issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: playing video- dx9c issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I read so much missing detail that you need to fill in all

In reply to: playing video- dx9c issue

The blanks.

Start with the words in red you read when you post. Tell me about "all the drivers." Tell me when it stopped working. If it never worked why not make it a warranty issue?

Bob

Collapse -
K-lite codecs

In reply to: playing video- dx9c issue

Since Kazaa was once a major source of viruses, spyware, and trojans, (before the court cases in Australia), it makes me wonder if those K-lite codecs are infected, or if any files you downloaded through Kazaa have planted any nasties on your system.

My first bet would be to use all of your anti-virus and anti-spyware utilities, beefed up as necessary, to carry out complete scans on your computer and expel everything they find.

Mark

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.