Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Planning to go to Chick-Fil-A today?

by Steven Haninger / August 2, 2012 11:00 PM PDT
You may witness evidence of a "kiss in".

Maybe I've got it all backwards here but I'd think that anyone wanting to gain acceptance as being good and worthy citizens should behave like good and worthy citizens. "In your face" disruptions and tantrums need to be discouraged as being a means to win support, IMO. We should have all learned this as kids by spending time in our rooms or having been denied privileges when we were disruptive.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Planning to go to Chick-Fil-A today?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Planning to go to Chick-Fil-A today?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Love it. This young lady is wonderful with her bad customer
by Steven Haninger / August 3, 2012 7:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Love it. A really great way for a CFO to act.
by Diana Forum moderator / August 3, 2012 8:01 AM PDT
Collapse -
I just came over to post it
by James Denison / August 3, 2012 9:43 AM PDT

Anyone who blames and employee for a boss somewhere else, might be the same way where he works too. Good riddance.

Collapse -
Tactics appear to be backfiring
by Steven Haninger / August 4, 2012 12:38 AM PDT
Chick fil a appreciation day

versus

"kiss in" day

Regardless of anyone's position, I'm glad when good and respectful behavior seem to win the day. Those who shout about hatred in others need to look at themselves in the mirror. I hope the young lady at the carry-out window in the OP video gets at least a commendation from corporate management. She's was truly impressive, IMO.
Collapse -
RE: She's was truly impressive,
by JP Bill / August 4, 2012 12:58 AM PDT

Unlike her boss...

She KNOWS she's there to sell chicken.

Her boss doesn't know why he built all those restaurants.

Collapse -
And you know her boss and why?
by Steven Haninger / August 4, 2012 1:17 AM PDT

You sat down with him and had conversation? How nice it must be to be able to make sweeping judgments with information gathered from just a few keystrokes. I should take a lesson and not complicate life by looking too deeply before judging people.

Collapse -
Ask yourself this..you don't have to sit down with yourself
by JP Bill / August 4, 2012 1:30 AM PDT

Why would YOU build restaurant?

Collapse -
Easy one...and one for you to answer too.

If I was to build a restaurant, or restaurant business, it would likely first be to financially support myself and family. If I was lucky and successful enough, it would allow me some hobby and recreational time. I also believe that giving something back is important to ones complete fulfillment. I would look first at who and/or what gave me the ability to succeed and I'd want to offer whatever that was to the next generations. If it was a value and belief system that worked for me, I'd want to maintain the existence of that system for the next generations.

Homework: Look up a song by Billy Ed Wheeler called "Desert Pete". Read and try to understand the lyrics. You'll find that it's about one person taking the time to leave behind his experiences and instructions for another and how, doing so, benefited the next to come along.

Questions for you now. Given the video provided in the OP, which of the two exhibited themselves as the best ambassador for whatever cause they might be supporting?

Yes...the young lady didn't make any cause evident. That doesn't mean she has nothing she supports. You just cannot know what that might be without getting her to open up. So who did the better job? Which one of them might be you in this picture?

Collapse -
RE: If I was to build a restaurant, or restaurant business,
by JP Bill / August 4, 2012 4:16 AM PDT

Would your customers sit at a table and chairs or would they sit in a pew ( A pew is a long bench seat or enclosed box used for seating members of a congregation)?

Collapse -
wouldn't that be fun?
by James Denison / August 4, 2012 11:17 AM PDT

All the Muzak in a restaurant to be religious music?

Collapse -
RE: Questions for you now.
by JP Bill / August 4, 2012 4:43 AM PDT
Given the video provided in the OP, which of the two exhibited themselves as the best ambassador for whatever cause they might be supporting?

What do you take from these statements? (made by me, in a previous post.)

RE: She's was truly impressive,

Unlike her boss...

She KNOWS she's there to sell chicken.

Do those statements lead you to believe that I thought the guy with the camera was doing the right thing?

"This IS a huge challenge for companies (and) brands today. We are one country divided by politics," said marketing consultant Laura Ries. "Coming out strongly on one side or the other is hitting the third rail of branding."

A company should be true to its values but also has to consider the consequences before engaging in controversy, Ries said.

The controversy over same-sex marriage has been left behind, as we plunge into America's newest favourite competition: America's Next Top Victim.

If you needed one more example of why the American political system so tragically fails to solve real-world problems, here it is, wrapped up with pickles and served with waffle fries.
Collapse -
Your copy/paste of my verbiage
by Steven Haninger / August 4, 2012 4:59 AM PDT

is not my idea of an answer. I'll take it that you prefer not answer directly as I answered yours. The topic of my thread had absolutely nothing to do with the topic of marriage, family life, what makes up a family, etc. It was strictly about how we handle ourselves when expressing an opinion and how far our behavior goes to either support or turn others away from our cause.

I've answered your question fairly thoroughly and quite honestly and not tried to pick your replies apart or change the subject. Would you be so kind as to return that favor?

Collapse -
same reason I'd build a home
by James Denison / August 4, 2012 11:16 AM PDT

and laws should recognize those ownership rights.

Collapse -
(NT) I know what he didn't build them for too.
by James Denison / August 4, 2012 11:14 AM PDT
Collapse -
Lulz
by Rivenn / August 4, 2012 4:38 PM PDT

And? How about "Chik-Fil-A Day" where everyone went to eat there to show their support of hetero-only marriage? That's not "in-your-face"?

Collapse -
Nice introduction. Hello new guy, or old guy with a new ID?
by grimgraphix / August 4, 2012 6:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Lulz

And? Everyday at chick-fil-a is support hetero-mariage day... or have you not been following the news at all?

U mad?

Collapse -
Well...birthdays, anniversaries maybe

You've been there and I have not...yet. I don't think that's what family restaurants design themselves around. I'm fairly certain that celebrations to display one's sexual preferences or discovery of such require a picture ID or username/password. Wink

Collapse -
No need to check the menu first anymore
by James Denison / August 4, 2012 11:28 PM PDT

Just walk in and ask if they are a hetero or gay sort of fast food place. If it doesn't meet your preference, find another fast food place. No need to sit around and act up where you're not welcome. This was so much easier when places just posted signs on who wasn't allowed.

"No shirt, no shoes, no service" among others.

Collapse -
Hmm, another violation of TOS by grim?
by James Denison / August 4, 2012 11:31 PM PDT

weren't we past those door checks??? LOL, reminds me of a bible scripture.

Matthew 23:13 - But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

of course this is just Speakeasy. Wink

Collapse -
Another welcome but I disagree with your idea
by Steven Haninger / August 4, 2012 8:42 PM PDT
In reply to: Lulz

We don't need a public demonstration of that type at all. It just invites confrontation which invites the press and they have absolutely no interest in representing that demonstration in the way that it would be intended. They can bolster or kill you at their whim. You accomplish this goal by personal example...your one-on-one encounters...just like the girl in the take-out window. You don't let emotion get the better of reason.

Collapse -
RE: good and worthy citizens should behave like
by JP Bill / August 5, 2012 6:09 AM PDT

good and worthy citizens should behave like good and worthy citizens.

Where better to learn than BSA?

NEW YORK (AP) - For the physician in Illinois, the attorney in Kentucky, the arts editor in Oregon, their Eagle Scout medals were treasured reminders of youthful achievement. Yet each is parting with his medal out of dismay over the Boy Scouts' recently reaffirmed policy of excluding gays.

"I can no longer maintain any connection to an organization which actively promotes such a bigoted and misguided policy," Dr. Robert Wise of Chicago wrote to Scout headquarters in Texas. "To that end, I am interested in removing all evidence that I was ever a Scout."

Wise, 59, is among several dozen former Eagle Scouts who have taken such steps following the July 17 announcement that the Boy Scouts of America, after a confidential two-year review, were sticking with the divisive, long-standing policy of excluding openly gay youth and adults as members and leaders.

Collapse -
Oh boo hoo
by James Denison / August 5, 2012 11:59 AM PDT

It's sort of silly that grown men were hanging onto childhood things so much in the first place. About time they grew up a bit.

Collapse -
All that really shows is ...
by Edward ODaniel / August 5, 2012 2:00 PM PDT

that they would have been better off working for women than other men.

All that *** kissing over the years seems to have changed their values from what they learned as scouts.

Had the bosses been women the *** kissing would not have homophiled them.

Collapse -
Hi Ed
by JP Bill / August 5, 2012 8:16 PM PDT

See you again next month.

Collapse -
(NT) This thread is getting really boring.
by Diana Forum moderator / August 6, 2012 4:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
Ha Ha! It was intended to be
by Steven Haninger / August 6, 2012 4:23 AM PDT

You want to be able to envision a lot of beet red faces and strained vocal chords out there? Grin

Collapse -
Ok, just for you Diana
by Steven Haninger / August 6, 2012 4:38 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?