Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Planned Parenthood

by James Denison / November 9, 2009 9:56 AM PST

Several things happening with them lately. They are infighting among themselves over funding. There's a breaking scandal about overcharges in California. Seems they also have used underage girls in their offices. Conversion of funds donated for Breast Cancer instead going to Planned Parenthood.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat5641.html
Abortion advocates are turning on each other in the wake of the House vote on the Stupak amendment that saw massive abortion funding stripped from the health care bill. Abortion advocates are upset with Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her top lieutenants while grassroots abortion activists are companying about the leadership at Planned Parenthood and NARAL.

In the House, the feud saw top pro-abortion lawmaker Rosa DeLauro take on Pelosi,.....

http://www.lifenews.com/nat5634.html
The House approved an amendment Saturday night to the government-run health care reform bill that would strip abortion funding from it. An amendment from pro-life Rep. Bart Stupak received a 240 to 194 vote with one member voting present.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/colleen-raezler/2009/11/04/joy-behar-profits-are-real-immorality-abortion
Johnson explained to the local Texas CBS affiliate that Planned Parenthood had been pressuring her to focus on abortion, not pregnancy prevention because abortions brought in more money than family planning services.

ABC's "View" host Barbara Walters brought up Johnson's story, calling it "controversial" and Behar quickly denounced Planned Parenthood for making money off abortions. She called it "gross" and "obnoxious" before she stated, "I don't see abortions as a profit-making industry. I think that that is the real immorality of it."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=731820
A national organization dealing with breast cancer is a supporter of Planned Parenthood -- a taxpayer-funded agency that harms unborn children as well as women. Several organizations in America are upset that part of the donations going to Susan G. Komen for the Cure goes to Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest aborton-provider. Marie Hahnenberg with American Life League offers more information....undercover probes which
reveal that Planned Parenthood workers coach supposed underage girls in how to have an abortion without getting their adult molesters in trouble while also avoiding parental involvement.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jane-hamsher/naral-and-planned-parenth_b_349596.html

Worth a read just to see the depth of anger from the liberal side of all this.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Planned Parenthood
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Planned Parenthood
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
And that Liberal anger runs so counter to your
by Ziks511 / November 9, 2009 4:17 PM PST
In reply to: Planned Parenthood

usual characterization of them as thoughtless radicals bent on the institution of some species of totalitarian rule.

The point is that Liberals and Liberal Democrats think about the issues, instead of being led by some self appointed Fuhrer like Rush or Glenn (the Weeper) or all the other paid hacks.

It's nice to see you recognizing that they are not the Soviet monolith that you seemed to think they were.

Rob

Collapse -
Someone else?
by James Denison / November 9, 2009 7:49 PM PST
And that Liberal anger runs so counter to your usual characterization of them as thoughtless radicals bent on the institution of some species of totalitarian rule.

You must have me mistaken for someone else. Don't confuse my impression of the current administration with liberals in general.
Collapse -
Don't know whether to laugh or cry ...
by Bill Osler / November 10, 2009 9:21 AM PST

It would be hard to be much more absurd than the statement that Liberals and Liberal Democrats think about the issues, instead of being led by some self appointed Fuhrer. This at more-or-less the same time that somebody else was attacking another forum member regarding use of Nazi references. What priceless timing! The thing about it that is even funnier is that you seem to actually believe yourself. Priceless!

Neither the Left nor the Right are monolithic, and I don't see either end of the political spectrum having an exclusive claim on either rationality OR intelligence ... but it's pretty clear that some of the partisans have deluded themselves into thinking that only one side of the debate is legitimate. Until you recognize that you are at least as irrationally dogmatic as the people you are trying to critique there won't be much dialog, just a lot of noise.

I could argue that your post is a TOS violation because it essentially states that your political allies are smart thinkers but your opponents are a bunch of stupid Nazi clones but I think on the whole it's better to ask the mods to leave the post as yet another example of the abuse that you heap on conservatives so we can point to it next time you try to act innocent. Fuhrer indeed.

Collapse -
It is priceless !!
by Mike_Hanks / November 10, 2009 9:45 AM PST

It's not like people like him don't get their daily marching orders from Kos, code pink, media matters etc !!!!!!!

Kettle,Pot.

Collapse -
RE: Glenn (the Weeper)
by JP Bill / November 10, 2009 1:36 PM PST

Good imitation of Glenn

The Daily show Last Thursday Nov 5, 2009...Clip #2

Collapse -
BTW, I think transfer of funds from the Campaign to End
by Ziks511 / November 9, 2009 4:33 PM PST

Breast Cancer into the coffers of Planned Parenthood is despicable and wrong. That being said, I am deeply suspicious of anything from Lifenews.com since I have read your previous citations from them. By the way, there is no funding in the Health Care Bill for abortion and never has been. Bart Stupak lives up to his name, Stupid is as Stupak does.

The Huffington Post article certainly contradicts the idea of a Liberal Democratic Party, but that should have been clear after the vote on Health Care, with 20 something Democrats siding with the Republicans.

I can only hope that someone in the DNC is keeping track and looking to scare up Real Damocrats to challenge the DINO's.

Rob

Collapse -
previous citations?
by James Denison / November 9, 2009 7:59 PM PST

To which do you refer? Far as I know I've only "cited" them yesterday, never before.

You make this up as you go along, don't you?

The Stupak amendment to the Health Care bill does nothing more than maintain the status quo in regards to using taxpayer money to fund abortions. That's certainly not radical, nor stupid, in fact makes a lot of sense in the interest of unity, with none other than Pelosi herself agreeing.

As for the meaning of "Stupak";

http://genealogy.familyeducation.com/surname-origin/stupak
Jewish (eastern Ashkenazic) and Ukrainian: metonymic occupational name for someone who worked at a mill using horse power, from Ukrainian stupak ?horse mill?.

Collapse -
First off, "Planned Parenthood" is a misnomer
by Steven Haninger / November 9, 2009 7:26 PM PST

It's really more like Planned Un-parenthood. Secondly, I do believe the abortion issue in the health plan is worth debate regardless of outcome. One of key issues I had with the draft proposal was its lack of specificity in many regards but this was probably normal groundwork. Now its time to lay down the specifics of what will be covered and what will not. There tends to be the notion that what is not excluded is automatically included. It would seem to me that any government health plan that claims to provide competition with private plans should largely mirror those plans. I don't think many private plans offer "abortion on demand" services to their subscribers. This seems to be the case, even though abortions might save them considerable amounts of money by not paying full term OB monitoring, delivery and hospital costs.

Collapse -
Why would any woman want an abortion here?
by James Denison / November 9, 2009 8:31 PM PST

It's the "Women's Center" in Rockford, Illinois. Does this not remind you of a "back alley abortion"? Can you imagine someone's daughter, being told that her parents won't be informed even though she's underage, so her parents don't know they are taking her to a place like this? Welcome to the world of Planned Parenthood. See the video of the name caller and his racial slurs against others. The clinic monitors police radio so they can warn him off when police are on the way.

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2008/04/post_62.html
http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/2009/06/rockford_aborti.html
http://www.rrstar.com/communities/x125185854

Members of the anti-abortion group, who placed an anti-abortion advertisement on a Rockford bus stop bench in 2005, say the city violated their First Amendment rights when it forced Wright Advertising to drop the ad in the middle of a one-year contract. Members of the group say the ad was vandalized repeatedly, but the city did nothing to determine who did the vandalizing or make an arrest. They say the city acts with similar indifference to threats and assaults against them at the abortion clinic. ?When one of our sidewalk counselors was assaulted by someone and even threatened with bodily harm and racial slurs, the police, after taking over an hour to respond to our 911 call, did not take any action and seemed to say that we had no choice but to accept the assaults and harassment

Collapse -
I'm not big on confrontational protests
by Steven Haninger / November 10, 2009 12:49 AM PST

and don't care what the cause is or whose side I'd take if the event was orderly. Thinking about the abortion clinic ad on the side of the bus makes me wonder what idiot would think to do such a thing. The same would go for ads in opposition to abortion. Think about a bus full of people, all those glass windows, and the nut jobs that seem to regularly pop up out of nowhere. I'm sorry, but people are just too unpredictable when emotions run high. I've witnessed protests at a women's clinic not far from my home that were scheduled for virtually every Saturday morning. Those for and against abortion would line up on opposite sides of the street to shout, scream and hold their placards aloft. I'd think it unsafe to drive in the street between them....sort of like running the gauntlet. I don't favor abortion...especially the "on demand" kind but I do favor civility of debate.

Collapse -
(NT) I think it was on a bench, not a bus.
by James Denison / November 10, 2009 12:51 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) You're right....a "bus bench" ...my skim
by Steven Haninger / November 10, 2009 3:32 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?