Video Cameras forum

General discussion

pixela imagemixer software problem

by rkapay / March 27, 2007 7:09 AM PDT

I bought a Sony HDD DCR-SR60 camcorder in February. The camcorder works fine but when you try to burn a movie you have transfered to the computer you keep getting a msg that say IMxdvd3.EXE encounterd an error and needs to shut down.

I have called the help desk four times. First they said that my software disk was corrupted and they sent me a new one. (didn't work)

I removed all other programs that could possible have any DVD burning capability (Nero, Kodak Easy Share, etc. (still not working)

Running Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002 Service Pack2, have celeron processor CPU 2.ooGHZand 1.24 GB of ram My computer is a HP Pavilion 554Y.

Is there any hope or do I have go go and by some other DVD imaging software like Roxi??. I am calling the help desk tonight and am supposed to be able to talk to a supervisor.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pixela imagemixer software problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pixela imagemixer software problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
When I see this I have been known to...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 27, 2007 7:21 AM PDT

Install a blank new hard disk, use the machine's Restore CDs and then find said software to work fine. Sadly to discover what's wrong with the OS costs a lot of time which we rarely get the owner to agree to pay up.

What to do?

The OS can be damaged by any number of tweaks, spyware or "other." Since the software works on a clean install, who pays?

Bob

Collapse -
Indeed this problem relies on the operating system ....
by Axel_Skough / November 16, 2010 4:52 PM PST

The cause of this problem relies on how the new, unused, CD/DVD is opened initially, indeed, how the Microsoft Windows AutoPlay feature is configured and used.

Terribly enough, this is a complex area in the Windows because the Microsoft added their own format, LFS, to the general, standardised and mastered, UDF format, which runs on most player devices.

The vendor of a software, intended to burn a DVD disc, MUST supply the Windows Autoplay feature with a vendor dependent option, assigned to open and initialise the new, unused, DVD disc. It should appear as an selectable option when the system using the AutoPlay asks the end user how he wants to use the disc and what program should be used to initialise the disc. (This appears also for a disc containing data, the user is offered to select if he wants to play disc, view files in the Explorer etc due to installed software.)

I do not know how the Pixela wants to have a new, unused, DVD disc initialised for burning. So I selected the "No action" option. It resulted in an unuseable, "blank" DVD in RAW format (not LFS neither UDF). I used the ImageMixer 3 SE software.

The Pixela manuals do not give any hint about this point of view regarding DVD management for the ImageMixer 3 SE software. Therefore the end user has to make experiments and himself try to detect how the DVD, intended to be burnt, should be initialised.

One can compare with the NERO software. They add during installation an evident option in the AutoPlay feature that the NERO burner is eligible for initialisation and opening of a new, unused, DVD disc at insertion. This ensures the proper function as intended by the software vendor.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?