Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

pixel/zoom enhancement ?

I've got some wonderful pictures. Trouble is, that when I zoom in to get a better look, the pixels explode, and the picture loses is sharpness.
Is there anything that can be done to compensate (?) so that the picture stays sharp?
Pictures can be taken from miles up, of very small objects, and then get enhanced for clarity.
What is the secret (or am I asking a silly question)?
I just need to ask - thank you - Horst Fritz KRUEGER

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: pixel/zoom enhancement ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: pixel/zoom enhancement ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The secret is ti get a camera with...

In reply to: pixel/zoom enhancement ?

a very high resolution (maybe 5 megapixel or more) and very high OPTICAL zoom (maybe 10 or 12x). But I don't think there's much you can do about what you have now.

Collapse -
also...

In reply to: The secret is ti get a camera with...

either get a camera that has built in stability cnotrol or get a tripod to work with. being at a high optical zoom will seriously magnify any minute movements your hands make thereby blurring the picture. i've got a 10x optical zoom ad i'm still trying to figure out exactly how to take crystal clear pics.

Collapse -
See Electronics

You probably can get help in the Electronic|Digital Camera Forum

Collapse -
Not really

There exists such a thing as scalable vector graphics, but they are not really suited for use in digital cameras.

Ask any digital image expert, and they'll tell you that pixelation is just part of the process. An unavoidable part of the process. It technically exists with your more traditional film based photography as well. All the images on it are represented by very densely packed geometric shapes.

Higher pixel counts just hides the problem a little longer, and is probably the best you can hope for presently.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!