TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH Vs. Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K

I recently got the Pioneer Elite 01 model and was wondering if I made the better choice. This is my first receiver so everything is new to me. I was a little upset that I could not see my iPod movies thru the iPod connection. I don't know if it is the same on the 1019 model. I actually went to buy the 1019, but I got talked into buying the 01 instead. I mainly wanted for a surround sound. Of course I want my music to sound great as well but movies and tv sports are my priority. Right now I haven't gotten the right speaker for it but that's a whole other topic on it's own. Did I make the right choice? or should I go and return this 01 model for the 1019? What I really want to know is what can one do that the other can't and vice verser. Thanks for any info.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH Vs. Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH Vs. Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Receiver

In reply to: Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH Vs. Pioneer VSX-1019AH-K

The Elite is a 2 year warranty, pio is 1 year. The elite has preamp outputs for all channels in case you want to use an external power amp, the pio only has a pre-out for the subwoofer. I couldn't find what DAC's the pioneer uses but the Elite uses Wolfson which is what a lot of higher end products are using now. A little bit different amplifier design between the 2 but you won't notice the 10 watts difference. In my opinion the Elite is very nice and I would stick with it, they are great for movies and music.

Collapse -
Thanks for the info.

In reply to: Receiver

I know I paid about what the asking price was but I wanted something soon and I got it soon. I wanted to make sure the choice I made was good and I feel very good about it after reading your reply. I know that there is a lot more I need to learn but within time, I will get some of the benifits here and there. I don't think I am going to return it now. Thanks again.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!