TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A

by SUPERKAT / February 10, 2004 11:18 AM PST

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME? THIS DVD PLAYER WILL NOT PLAY AN SACD DISC WITH THE AUDIO COMING OUT OF ALL 6 SPEAKERS. ALL I GET IS THE AUDIO COMING OUT OF THE FRONT LEFT & RIGHT SPEAKERS. (NOT THE CENTER, REAR L&R, AND SUB WOOFER THE WAY IT IS INTENDED). I KNOW I MUST HAVE SET IT UP WRONG SOMEHOW. MY SONY RECEIVER IS A 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL THAT WILL UTILIZE THIS FORMAT. ALL CONNECTIONS HAVE BEEN DOUBLE CHECKED. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 10, 2004 11:47 AM PST

Your keyboard seems in need of repair but in short, the media might not be anything but some high grade stereo. Way back when, the original recordings didn't have many channels, so not all will use all channels and speakers.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by SUPERKAT / February 11, 2004 12:21 AM PST

Hi Bob: Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question. However, the media I was trying to play was the "Rolling Stones" new releases of the older albums. I also tried a couple other CD's I have. Still only have sound coming from the front L&R speakers. The unit recognizes the SACD format (LED reads SACD). Any other ideas? Thank you.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 11, 2004 12:52 AM PST

"The unit recognizes the SACD format (LED reads SACD). Any other ideas?"

Nothing writes that SACD means you'll get more than stereo if they encoded such as such.

Try what I did. I had an issue with some DVD retail disc. I took said disk to the store I bought the play that wasn't working with this disk and we discovered the floor model didn't play it either. I moved up a couple of models and another brands and that worked.

You really need to be a pest to the place that sold you the player.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by crawpops / February 11, 2004 12:46 PM PST

make sure you have your 6 channel anlog cables(six seperate rca cables) hooked up to your receiver, then it should be on multi channel. the sacd signal will not come through the dolby digital cable.

Collapse -
Re:Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by crawpops / February 11, 2004 12:57 PM PST

also if you go to the home menu button go to inital settings then options then sacd playback make sure it is set on multi ch area not 2 ch area

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by SUPERKAT / February 12, 2004 12:55 AM PST

HI: THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK. I TRIED WHAT YOU SAID AND I ALREADY HAD THOSE SETTINGS DONE THAT WAY. I CAN PLAY DVD-A WITH NO PROBLEMS. SACD ONLY HAS SOUND FROM FRONT L&R SPEAKERS AS BEFORE. THE UNIT LED'S LIGHT UP AND SAY SACD THOUGH. (BIG DEAL). I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO TRY, OUTSIDE OF A STICK OF DYNAMITE. DO YOU THINK I GOT A DEFECTIVE UNIT? ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS? THANKS AGAIN.

Collapse -
Busted the keyboard again.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 12, 2004 1:41 AM PST

My advice stands. Take the media to the store and have them show you it working.

I found out my DVD had issues that way and it wasn't too hard to get them to give me full credit on the return for the defective model.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by crawpops / February 12, 2004 2:11 AM PST

I just looked at most of the rolling stones SACD's and none of them are multi-channel they are HI-RES stereo. that may be your problem make sure they say multi-channel somewhere on them.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by SUPERKAT / February 13, 2004 12:43 AM PST

HI: THANKS AGAIN. I THOUGHT BY THE WAY THOSE CD'S WERE PROMOTTED, THAT THEY WOULD ALL BE RECORDED IN 6 CHANNELS. I'M GOING TO ALSO TAKE THE ADVICE OF THE OTHER PERSON WHO IS HELPING ME HERE. I'M BRINGING THE CD TO THE STORE AND HAVE THEM PLAY IT FOR ME AND DEMONSTRATE HOW IT SHOULD SOUND.
SORRY ABOUT BEING SUCH A PEST, BUT SOMETIMES I GET A MENTAL BLOCK WHEN IT COMES TO THINGS I CAN'T FIGURE OUT. THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP ME ONCE AGAIN.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:PIONEER DVD/SACD PLAYER-MODEL DV-563A
by SUPERKAT / February 16, 2004 5:14 AM PST

YOU WERE RIGHT. I TRIED AN SACD DISC THAT WAS MUTI CHANNEL, AND IT PLAYED PERFECTLY. ALL THE HOOPLA REGARDING THOSE STONES DISCS DIDN'T AMOUNT TO MUCH. THE SOUND ON THE MULTI-CHANNEL DISCS IS EXCELLENT! IT'S JUST TOO BAD THEY DON'T TELL YOU IN ADVANCE HOW MANY SPEAKERS WILL BE WORKING. ALAS, THAT'S MARKETING I GUESS. MUCH THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

The most beautiful phone ever has one wildly annoying issue

The Samsung Galaxy S8's fast speeds and fantastic curved screen make it a top phone for 2017, but the annoying fingerprint reader could sour your experience.