Question

Pin number for smart TV, where do I get it?

I got a new Samsung smart TV but I need a pin to connect to my home computer. Where do I get the pin?

Discussion is locked
Answer
Follow
Reply to: Pin number for smart TV, where do I get it?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Pin number for smart TV, where do I get it?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Was using Peel remote for Samsung Smart TV

Peel works fine with my prior phones. The more recent S7 EDGE I wanted to give a shot at some simple tech. It's clear the IR blaster
Is the key however the app did pick up on the TV just asking for the TV code Wi-Fi should allow more smart functions however any thoughts if it is the same as the code for a universal remote?

- Collapse -
Answer
I don't see the full model number but try 0000
- Collapse -
(NT) Installing Smart View 2.0, I must enter my pin to complete
- Collapse -
(NT) 8000 series curve screen
- Collapse -
That's a series. So I can't hit samsung.com for details.

Why not try their phone or chat support for a fast answer. They'll help you find the full model number.

- Collapse -
Answer
Just spoke with samsung's technical support about the same issue

I have an LED46 television and they told me that the smart view 1.0 & 2.0 apps only works with 5500 series or higher televisions. You can find out your series by checking the last 4 digits of your television's model number. My last 4 digits are 5203 :-/ come on samsung, get with the "program" Happy

- Collapse -
Answer
How to Get SmartView 2 App Pin Code

When I contacted Samsung Customer Service at 1 (800) 726-7864 because I could not see the Pin code that was suppose to appear on the TV screen, I was told that not all 2014 Samsung Smart TV models, to include my UN24H4500, were compatible with the cannot use the SmartView 2 app.

- Collapse -
Still Problem with Pin to Connect Samsung Smart View App

Sent this to Samsung Smart TV tech support at smartview.op@samsung.com

I cannot connect the Samsung Smart View v2.0.1 app on my iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2) to my UN24H4500 Smart TV (registered with you) as per the instructions at http://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-view-2/
Once both devices are on same network and the app sees the TV, I select the TV and it asks me to enter a 4 digit pin that is suppose to appear on the TV screen. However, no pin appears, regardless of which channel is being broadcast. I tried random pins like 1111, 9999, 1234 and 4500 with no success.

The problem has occurred since I bought the TV in December 2014 for every version of the Smart TV software, the Smart View app, the iPhone 6 and 7 and iOS versions 8 thru 10.2.

How can I get a pin to connect the app and the TV or bypass the pin?

- Collapse -
I have the same problem

Have you happened to have found a solution?

- Collapse -
I have no reports of support for that model.

" only works with 5500 series or higher televisions. "

- Collapse -
Answer
PIN for smart view app

I have iPhone 6s , have got smart view app so can see photos on Samsung smart Rv but need PIN where is this found? Cheers

- Collapse -

default PIN is 0000

- Collapse -
problem with samsung Smart View and 48'' Smart TV

hello

I have a problem with samsung Smart View and 48'' Smart TV
I used PIN 0000 and doesn't work
I tried to modify the PIN and without success

- Collapse -
Back to Sam for this one.

Here it's 1800SAMSUNG (USA) and the chat at Samsung.com.

If they can't resolve, call it defective and arrange for return. Why keep stuff that doesn't work?

- Collapse -
Answer
Had same issue, resolved...did not need PIN.

Open the SmartView app on your phone, select your TV to connect to it and just let it sit there at the "Enter PIN" screen.

On your TV, press the "Source" button and you should see your device (mine said "Joseph's iPhone) listed with your different HDMI inputs, etc.

From there, I just selected my phone and I could access all my data; no PIN required.

- Collapse -
On your TV, press the "Source" button

This only worked for about a minute then disconnected. How do you get it to stay connected?

- Collapse -
Solution is here!

You must keep your iPhone from locking (settings, didplay and brightness, auto lock, never), and you also must keep the Smart View app open. You can't switch to another app. No PIN needed, just close the PIN request box by clicking on the x.

- Collapse -
More info

Add it turns out, the app has a song to keep your phone from locking while the app is open, do you don't need to go into the phone settings after all.

- Collapse -
One more time, without spell check messing it up...

As it turns out, the app has a setting to keep your phone from locking while the app is open, so you don't need to go into the phone settings after all.

- Collapse -
What setting?

What setting in the app do you change?

- Collapse -
You can't win :(

I went back into the app to try to find the setting. I couldn't get to it, and the setting must be session based, as it was now not working. Back to the iPhone settings again...

- Collapse -
Answer
Help me

I need to fin the pin code for my smart TVs

- Collapse -
Answer
Wps id number to connect laptop to screen mirroring on samsu

Where do i find wps id to connect laptop to screen mirroring function on samsung tv

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Pin number for smart TV
- Collapse -
Answer
Changing Channel Number

I want to change the channel numbers..... and he is asking for PIN NUMBER..... I don't have it.... How can I proceed?

- Collapse -
Re: PIN

That seems a question for Samsung customer services. Tell them the model number of your TV and what you do to get that message.

If it's comparable to a phone, the default is mentioned in the user manual, and it tells also how to change it. If it's like that, and your TV is second hand, you'll have to ask the previous owner what he changed it to. But if you're first owner, and didn't set one yourself, Samsung should be able to help.

- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) I need to know my pin for my tv
- Collapse -
Answer
Find pin number off of smart tv for casting

I need to figure out how to cast from my LG K20 plus mobile device to my Visio smart Tv. I need to figure out how to get the pin number or tv code that is specific to my smart tv.

- Collapse -
Answer
PIN

First, exit the Smart Hub by pressing the Menu key on your remote control. Go to Smart Hub > Smart Hub Reset > Reset Smart Hub. Now, enter your PIN

CNET Forums