General discussion

piggyback scumware

I can't find a contact for a C/net official so I will express my anger here over a batch of piggybacking scum ware I got this morning when I downloaded a CD cloning utility from C/net. I tried to tell the installer not to install extra garbage but it did it anyway and my homepage was high jacked on all three browsers, toolbars were installed and some of the garbage refused to uninstall. Took me about an hour to get rid of all the crap. I used to trust C/net to provide clean software. Not anymore.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: piggyback scumware
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: piggyback scumware
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
C/NET is scumware now

I also downloaded some software from C/Net and got **** loaded onto my computer. C/Net - your scum now.

- Collapse -
piggyback scumware

Join the crowd. The same thing happened to me this past week.

I knew from last year to watch but it did NO good. Even though I unchecked all the items they were installed anyway. Bing and something called Sweet Packs. UGH!! Ended up having to edit my Registry to get rid of them. Got rid of the software also.

CNET used to be the best place to get software and now it sucks.

CNET Forums