Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Pictures on 3.5 discs

I have some pictures saved on 3.5 discs. Recently I went to view them and can not retrieve the pictures. I have an XP operating system and they were saved on a Windows 98. Does that make a difference?

How can I retrieve these pictures from the 3.5 discs and then load them onto CD's?

Thanks for your help,
L. Humphries

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pictures on 3.5 discs
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pictures on 3.5 discs
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
reading disc

In reply to: Pictures on 3.5 discs

When you try to open the disc in Windows Explorer, are you able to see the file names? If so, what is listed?

Collapse -
3.5 discs, floppy? or are you talking on a mini CD?

In reply to: Pictures on 3.5 discs

If you are talking about 3.5" (inch) floppy disks (or discs) then no, the Windows operating system does not make a difference, because it is the DOS file system that is used in both cases.

If you are talking about 3" CD (8 cm) (which you may think as being 3.5") then the reason you can't see the files may be that after writing the pictures onto the CD you have not yet finalized (or closed) the CD session. If you can see the files on the CD on the original PC used to write the files, and can not see the files on another PC, then I would think that may be your problem.

Collapse -
no more humpndr?

In reply to: 3.5 discs, floppy? or are you talking on a mini CD?

Don't you just hate it when someone signs onto the board asks one question, people respond, and we never hear from the original poster again?

We don't know if the orginal poster was helped, hurt, or even died.

Thank you "humpndr" for not breaking the trend.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!