General discussion

Pictures in email

I am not sure if I can put this so it makes sense, but I'll try my best. This is very important and I need help ASAP! I cant find anything on it and I have looked every where.
I brought up some old emails, opened with notepad, of course they werent in the original form.... but, there is one that says MIME version, then has a bunch of characters, mostly letters and numbers in a huge paragraph. ( I know I must sound pretty silly to you all) I think this is a picture. Is there anyway that I can view this in any other program or is it lost forever???
it also says this: Content-Type: image/jpeg;
name="pics.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
filename="pics.jpg"
Thanks,
S

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Pictures in email
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Pictures in email
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sugarfly, Are You SURE That This Is A Picture?

Although it might be possible to copy the paragraph code to a text document, then rename the document from .txt to a .jpg file or simply rename your entire file as an .htm file (I've only had this work a couple of times) it's extremely important to be sure that the attachment is indeed a picture. Many virus attachments "appear" to be a picture but aren't.

Another option is to attempt to "decode" the file by using the free MIME decoder at the link below:

http://www.etresoft.com/

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
Why didn't you open

them with your e-mail program?

CNET Forums

Forum Info