Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Pictures. . .

Will we ever be able to post pictures like we used to?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pictures. . .
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pictures. . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yeah! Pictures! Pictures! We want pictures!

In reply to: Pictures. . .

And fonts, and font colors and sizes, and strike, and block quote, and horizontal line, and sub and sup, and background color. (No marquee, please.) Not to dazzle with BS, but just to have a little fun. Remember fun?

But most of all WE WANT PICTURES!

I really really miss the tree view on the main page. And the ability to 'Mark Thread As Read'.

All in all though, I love talking with my bubs and I'm most grateful for what we've got.

Happy

Collapse -
Re: Pictures. . .

You're just trying to grow your rogues' gallery, aren't you? Devil

Personally, if they do allow images like before, I hope they add a "don't show" switch in the member profiles, so we don't have to wait ten millennia for a terrabyte size graphic of granma's outside loo to show up!

I still have speed issues with Cnet, right now I am on a secured hi-speed line @ work, and certain pages are snail pace. Guess what? It's the ADs which cause it, as the same page with a different ad flies into place.

Collapse -
Re: the same page with a different ad flies

In reply to: Re: Pictures. . .

Might the reason the subsequent re-load, of that same page, be taking advantage of your cache already having the large graphic. Thus giving you the false impression that it is the ad, now being different, that was causing the initial slow load?

That is, if the first time you went to a page, took a long time, but now the 2nd (or more) time you go to the same page, with the same large image, just seems to "fly." Since the only thing being changed is the different random (?) advertisement, you might have the false impression that it was the 1st ad causing the slow load. When, in reality, the true culprit simply was already in your cache, which didn't have to take a lengthy time to re-load.

Just asking out loud, and wondering if you had done a clearing of you browser cache between these page views.

Collapse -
maybe in the future

but I'm tapped now for resources after the additon of the past enhancements.

It documented on the forums wishlist.

thanks,
-Lee

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.