Cameras forum

General discussion

Picture with and without flash at the same time

I have heard that the Fujifilm F20 and F30 take two versions of a photo in low light, one with the flash and one without, to make sure you get the best picture. Is this correct, and do any other compacts / ultra compacts offer this, as it seems like a useful feature for me, as I have very little experience if low light photography.

Any help appreciated
Rich

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Picture with and without flash at the same time
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Picture with and without flash at the same time
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fujifilm F40fd

In reply to: Picture with and without flash at the same time

Collapse -
Other Manufactures?

In reply to: Fujifilm F40fd

Hi thanks for the link, however I need the camera in the next few days, as I have a couple of massive events coming up, including a 60th Anniversary black tie dinner that I really want the camera for.

Do any other manufactures offer this in a compact model?

Cheers

Collapse -
Others

In reply to: Other Manufactures?

I have not heard of any other camera with this feature.

The Fujifilm F30 lets you easily switch the flash on and off.
You could take a photo with flash and then turn off the flash and take another photo.

Once you take a few shots, you will be able to tell if you should be using flash or not.

Collapse -
It looks as if its combining the 2

In reply to: Others

On the commercial they call it "face reconition" or somthing like that. It looks like they are taking 2 different exsposed shots and combining the 2. Or a flash fill or somthing. It sounds like a good idea if it can be done fast enough.

I have a canon S2 and S3 that has this mode called "bracketing" it takes 3 seperate shots each with a preset exsposure level. The first is say 0 then the second is -2 and the third is +2 the problem is it takes 3 seperate shots. If you or the subject is moving you cant really combine the images to get the best overall shot. There is a lengthy pause between each shot. If it could be set in the camera from the original image it would only need to take 1 shot and then write 2 more to the memory each with the 2 different exsposure levels. I dont see the need for the 3 seperate shots.

Collapse -
Looks like the F20 / 30 then!

In reply to: Picture with and without flash at the same time

I have looked on the Fuji website and checked this feature is on the F20 / F30. Cheers again for the help

- PS Fuji have imaginatively titled this feature as 'flash on, flash-off' mode on their website if anyone is looking for it.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.