Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Picture Screensaver

by kelray85 / May 17, 2009 6:23 AM PDT

I am looking for a screensaver that will display my pictures on the monitor. I want the pictures to basically take up the whole screen. I have found a couple screensavers where the pictures come up fairly small on the screen, but I really would rather they filled the whole screen if possible. If somebody could offer me some ideas I would really appreciate it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Picture Screensaver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Picture Screensaver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It depends on your pictures...
by John.Wilkinson / May 17, 2009 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Picture Screensaver

The default settings depend entirely on your pictures. For instance, if you have a picture in portrait layout and a widescreen monitor, there will be significant amounts of black space on either side so that it is not horribly distorted by the stretching process. Also, if the image is low quality and, by default, is displayed as a small image, it will not be blown up in order to prevent the picture from becoming pixelated, another form of distortion. You can override those settings if you want and accept the results, but otherwise your options are leave it as is or choose only images that are designed to properly fit your screen.

John

Collapse -
Identifying pictures on Sceensaver
by dlaverne / January 29, 2010 6:26 AM PST

Using Windows XP, I could identify the pictures as they were displayed with "My Picture Slideshow" but with Vista, I do not seem to have that capability. Oft times I would like to do somehting with that particular picture but it takes a much longer time to find it since I have so many. Does the capability exist as it did with XP to ID the pictures as they are shown?? Help!

Collapse -
High-res
by RonS [WINDOWS-TEAM] / May 22, 2009 4:26 AM PDT

My suggestion here: only use pictures at a high-resolution. This way you won?t get the pixilation from stretching pictures to fit.

Cheers,
Ron
Windows Outreach Team

Collapse -
screensaver
by auntiescrooge / May 22, 2009 1:18 PM PDT

I use a free frogram called "WEBSHOTS" it runs a small program on your computer, takes up little space, gives you some really good pictures as well, five a day if memory serves me.(you choose these of course).. and of course it gives you free wallpaper which you can change hourly daily or whatever.. if you are interested go to www.webshots.com
you will need to sign up with them, you will need an email address and a user name that is all.
regards
Di..
aka
auntiescrooge

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?