HolidayBuyer's Guide

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Picture of Jason Howell

by amandafrench / January 24, 2008 8:49 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Picture of Jason Howell
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Picture of Jason Howell
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi Amanda! It's me, Fordo!
by fordo123 / January 25, 2008 3:56 PM PST

Thanks SO much for the picture of Jason! Are you the same Amanda who called in about Netflix on the Mac the day after my sad call? I bet you are - nice to meet you! And so great to see a picture of Jason.

Molly and Tom, you guys gotta add Jason to the "Meet the Cast" info and all the other official podcast info out there. He doesn't look at all the way I pictured that he would. He looks very different from the picture that I had in my head but he is still very cute - and looks as nice as he sounds. I love knowing what people look like. Especially people that I listen to every day for 30-40 minutes.

Thx again!

Fordo

Collapse -
Thanks for the photo!
by lixindi / January 25, 2008 4:11 PM PST

Hey thanks for the Photo!
I can totally picture him in my head when I listen!

Collapse -
Lowers head in shame...
by raygun01 / January 25, 2008 4:14 PM PST

Man I hate that picture! But I knew when it made it to the web that it would come back to haunt me later in life.

As for my mug on the BOL pages... it's in the works.

Um.. thanks?

Collapse -
No shame!
by fordo123 / January 25, 2008 4:24 PM PST

No shame at ALL, Jason. It's a great picture. You look great. I think we all hate our pictures. And we never think we look in real life the way that we do in pictures.

A friend of mine heard my voicemail on BOL the other day about Molly's bangs and he wanted to see a before and after of her so I sent him 2 links - one of Molly without bangs, and one of Molly with bangs. And the first thing that he said to me was "OMG! She looks like you!" Which I have always thought myself so it was funny to hear him say that so definitively first thing when he saw Molly's pic.

I'll have to get a picture of myself one of these days and send it to you, Molly, so you can see someone who kinda sorta looks like you.

Collapse -
(NT) OMG you're the evil twin!)
by RTourn / January 27, 2008 4:24 PM PST
In reply to: No shame!
Collapse -
but what about..
by GoodyErin / January 26, 2008 8:03 AM PST

I'm curious if anything ever came of that love connection!

Collapse -
mac'n on girls with macs
by amandafrench / January 26, 2008 9:09 AM PST
In reply to: but what about..

<blush>

I choose not to share my personal life with the media, and I would ask the paparazzi to keep back at least fifteen feet in accordance with state and federal statutes on stalking.

Clearly I'm being punished for posting Jason's picture here. Sorry, man. I'll be partly to blame if "what is wrong with you" people start making ultra-personal comments about you.

(yes, fordo, it's me. hi. dunno bout you, but I ain't bringin nobody no damn ice cream, especially not to wisconsin.)

Collapse -
Mac'n on mac girls
by fordo123 / January 26, 2008 9:28 AM PST

Oh Amanda...you are a riot.

I am with ya. I'm not bringing ice cream to anyone either. That doesnt really fly with me. That email that they read on the air did sound a little suspect but I chose to give that guy the benefit of the doubt and was hoping he was a good guy and not a lecherous creep. I think I always assume that BOL listeners are all great and nice like Molly, Tom, Jason, and Veronica...but - I could be wrong. I probably am. Oh you so know I am. That guy is a creep. But the Kentucky guy just sounded like a good, fun guy. I liked him. I am WAY too afraid of cereal (sic) killers to ever make a love connection on BOl anyway. And yes, I meant to spell it cereal. When serial is used as an adjective in front of killer, it totally freaks me out. I cant even think about those people and I definitley dont like to write about them or reference them in any way. So somehow, calling them cereal killers makes me less afraid of them.

I took a class today at the Apple store on using imovie and idvd...LUUUUUUUUUV it. I am transferring shows from my tivo to my Mac right now, as I write, editing them in imovie and am creating cool DVDs graphics and chapters and burning them to DVDs right now. This is a blast. I so love this thing. Windows is so dead to me. So dead to me.

Collapse -
Love connection
by fordo123 / January 26, 2008 9:10 AM PST

That is hilarious. Is this yet another female BOL listener? LOVE us!I wish you guys lived in Manhattan.

So - nothing ever came of the love connection. Although, I am single. Happy I thought that the guy Joel from Kentucky who liked my 2nd voicemail sounded kindof fun and nice too. I mean, that guy said daggummit - who actually says that? Loved him. I am hoping to move to LA though soon (if I can get myself a job. If you recall, I was in my flannel pj's in bed with my ice cream and computer last weekend drowning my sorrows bc I was dinged from a job out there.)so maybe I will find my love connection out there. Buzz should set up meetings for listeners in different parts of the country. I would totally go meet other BOL listeners at a (quiet so we coulc chat) bar somewhere. hat would be fun! Although, potentially awkward, I guess, since we wouldn't know each other. Although...as a recent Mac switcher, I can talk to anyone anytime about the Mac for HOURS. So maybe it could work!

Collapse -
Re: Manhattan
by sliderten / January 28, 2008 9:58 PM PST
In reply to: Love connection

Fordo,

While I live on Long Island, if there are enough BOL listeners in the metro NYC area, it would be cool to do a NYC meetup. Anyone else here from NY?

-Aaron

Collapse -
agreed.
by GoodyErin / February 7, 2008 4:03 AM PST
In reply to: Love connection

Aww, ditto, Fordo! I'm in SF and I'm kind of sad glancing over "the lady thread" that there don't seem to be many BOL listeners in my city.

Collapse -
Love disconnection
by mikeh52 / January 28, 2008 12:49 AM PST

Sorry, Erin. Nothing doing on the love connection. There's the whole distance thing, and me being "lecherous creep" doesn't help either. As for cereal killer, I did take down a bowl of raisin bran this morning using nothing but a bowl and spoon. Unfortunately, it wasn't the "Eat Me Crunchy" bowl (funny if you listen to Gadgettes; otherwise back to lecherous creep).

Collapse -
To mikeh52
by fordo123 / January 28, 2008 1:36 PM PST
In reply to: Love disconnection

Hey Mike - I am so sorry if I offended you. I really didnt mean to. I am sure you are a great guy. You sound nice and funny in your email. It was just that, not knowing you, the comment about the ice cream that they read on air could go either way and as women, we deal with a fair amount of creepy comments coming our way in a lifetime. So, I am sure if I knew you the comment would have struck me as fine and funny. My species is often just a bit suspicious sometimes and without knowing the face behind the comment, there isnt a way to know if someone meant it in a funny way or a creepy way. Anyway, I could tell you didn't mean it in a creepy way. Sorry if I offended you or hurt your feelings!

Collapse -
Recent picture of Jason Howell
by Flarie / January 28, 2008 4:03 AM PST
Collapse -
Wikipedia? Phew
by SPIRIdk / January 28, 2008 4:54 AM PST
Collapse -
like his voice
by hopefulme / February 22, 2008 11:43 AM PST

I like Jason's voice, hearing him on Buzz out Loud haha.
Narrator.. "cold jokes" haha..

"Huge-r-er, and Huge-r-er-er"" haha

Collapse -
Bare faced cheek
by luc-mobile / February 7, 2008 5:36 PM PST

Jason looks exactly like I always thought he did. Except for the beard. He sounds like a bearded man.

Collapse -
not how I picture him
by Civisi / February 16, 2008 1:32 PM PST
In reply to: Bare faced cheek

He doesn't look anything like I pictured him.

I pictured him as just-out-of-college twenty-something who looks like a baby-faced Matt Damon with a scruffy beard.

Collapse -
(NT) So.. an emo hipster?
by udayan71 / February 17, 2008 3:15 AM PST
In reply to: not how I picture him
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.