General discussion

Picture Blurry on the Sony DSC-T1

I just got the Sony DSC-T1 camera. Most of the pictures I take comes out blurry and ghost like. Reading some of the reviews, it seems this is normal for this camera. How can I tweek this camera to take better pictures at low light and avoid ghostly images. Thanx

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Picture Blurry on the Sony DSC-T1
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Picture Blurry on the Sony DSC-T1
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Put it on a tripod, and don't move it until the picture

is captured. At the very least, hold it steady for several seconds after you press the shutter button. You are probably moving it while the shutter is still open recording the image. Digitals do this in low light situations. I frequently get caught by this because I think 'Click. I'm done. Move on.'

- Collapse -
Sony T1

The thing that will need tweeking is the operator.

People love the small cameras but being small and lightweight makes for a camera that is hard to hold steady.

This problem shows up mostly in low light situations.
And the very weak flash of the T1 makes matters worse.

Since the T1 does not have a viewfinder you are left with holding the camera in front of you with arms extended so that you can see the LCD. Not a steady position at all.

Under low light conditions, the camera is usually selecting a slow shutter speed. Which means you must hold the camera very steady. Try leaning your shoulder against a wall, pole, or other solid object. If possible, hold your arm against such an object.

When you press the shutter button, do so slowly. And make sure that the action of pressing the button is not moving the camera.

Equally important, as you press the button, silently count to three before moving from your shutter pushing position.

The T1 takes excellent clear photos, but you have to do your part correctly.

CNET Forums

Forum Info