Samsung forum

General discussion

Picture and sound loss

by banjaboy / September 28, 2009 8:37 AM PDT

Hi folks..........Just got my LN52B750 LCD TV the other day along with PVR. Love it!!!!! I cant imagine a better picture. But.....have a problem. every so often, it seems mainly on a HDTV channel but not a 100% sure as I mainly watch HDTV. Its a cable signal. Every now and then, the picture goes blank, no sound, no nothing. I called the cable provider, they did extensive tests on their end, reloaded the software etc, they could not fault the box. The power light on the TV stays off, indicating no power interruption, the little light under the logo never goes off.The PVR lights, channel indicator stays lit so there is not an electrical power interruption. I tested it all day yesterday by watching DVD's all day, no problems. What does Samsung think? Other than that annoying glitch I LOVE this TV. I was going to go plasma until I just happened to walk in a store that had the LN750 next to a similar quality plasma and to me, the guy paying for it and watching it, the picture was superior, therefor I bought the LCD. Hope someone can suggest a fix for this small yet annoying issue.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Picture and sound loss
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Picture and sound loss
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Picture and sound loss
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / September 29, 2009 8:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Picture and sound loss

banjaboy,

Sorry to hear that you're having these issues.

Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to see if that solves the problem?

You have done exactly what I probably would have recommended you try first. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to have fixed the issue. Often times, picture black out is a symptom of the digital signal being interrupted. When this happens, both the audio and video will stop displaying. I don't believe that this would be an HDCP issue, since both your audio and video are going out at the same t.

If you are able to determine that it is the television, you might want to try calling 800-SAMSUNG to see if you can get a repairman to inspect your television.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by banjaboy / September 29, 2009 11:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Picture and sound loss

Hi, thanks for the info! I have to give a cuple of atttaboys here on this. First, the Shaw tech support guy. He was great resetting my PVR, reloading the software etc, fantastic, well done Shaw cable. Next an attaboy to the Samsung tech support. I called them yesterday. The gentleman that answered my call was great!! Obviously nothing he can do over the phone but he almost insisted I take it back and get a replacement. That is what I have decided to sdo. I went to Future shop, its our Canadian equivalent to Best Buy. Again, another attaboy!! They going to collect the TV and deliver a brand new one to my door for no charge, hats off to all you guys, its much appreciated and very rare these days. I found Samsung to be very concerned with my issue and were fantastic. I hope that when the TV is replaced the issue will go away. I did replace the HDMI cable, the cable connection. Still have the issue but I feel confident I'm on my way to sorting it out. I will of course report back when my problem is resloved and with the companies I'm dealing with, Shaw, Samsung and Future Shop I have no doubt it will be sorted. This TV ROCKS!!!!!! I couldn't wish for a better picture. Thanks and more to folow.........

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.