Question

Picking the best cell phone plan

I'd like to get a smart phone. Is it possible to get a cell phone plan with a data plan for around $40 a month? I live in Maine so I have to make sure I get good coverage.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Picking the best cell phone plan
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Picking the best cell phone plan
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Do you need many voice minutes?

Virgin mobile is about 25 a month here. You can shop the 2 droids at target.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
First check coverage, then prices

Maine coverage can be tricky from what I hear. My understanding is your choice will likely be a CDMA carrier/MVNO.

If you post your location/zip code in the forums @ howardforums.com you may find someone in your area who can comment on which one works well. YMMV.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks, I'll give that a try. I was looking at Virgin Mobile but their coverage in the state of Maine ie next to nothing. I wish it was more.

- Collapse -
Then Sprint would be off the list too.

Too bad.

- Collapse -
Perhaps Page Plus wireless

CNET Forums