Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Photoshop not installing

by mr3army / September 29, 2009 5:58 AM PDT

Hi,
i opened photshop today and found out there was a problem with licencing or something so i unistalled using control panel and thought i should just download the latest to see how good it is
installed cs4 extended all when smoothly but got one measly error at the end:
English Language Pack Error: Error 2
so i unistalled AGAIN and reinstalled still same error
there is nothing on my computer stopping it i checked all the processers.please help lots of people seem to be solving the problem randomly on the internet

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Photoshop not installing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Photoshop not installing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Adobe forums note it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 29, 2009 7:57 AM PDT

Read http://forums.adobe.com/thread/373566 and others. It looks like there are more than one cause here. If this one didn't solve it, then make that call since you have parted with hundreds of bucks and they usually have a patch or tweak at the ready. But only if you call.
Bob

Collapse -
hmm
by mr3army / September 29, 2009 4:37 PM PDT
In reply to: Adobe forums note it.

I read that didn't seem to help since i had 100% nothing running in background and processes what aren't the thing what keep xp running
i cant call them because i haven't bought it i want to try the trial before i buy because i hear such great things

Collapse -
Ahh a trial.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 29, 2009 11:00 PM PDT
In reply to: hmm

Then the trial has failed and you need to look at other stuff.

The notes in the forums not only wrote about things running but other versions installed. Also a nasty thing about trials is that once it runs many mark the machine as having run the trial so the trial never works again.

Then people start asking questions like yours. Nothing broke about that, just ask Adobe what to do next.
Bob

Collapse -
-> "licencing"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 29, 2009 11:01 PM PDT

Now that we know it's a trial version that's a sign the trial has expired. Only adobe can tell you what to do to re-enable the trial.
Bob

Collapse -
confusing
by mr3army / September 30, 2009 2:38 AM PDT
In reply to: -> "licencing"

I am a little confused i used the trial a couple of times but never for 30 days does that mean the first time you open it its a 30 day count down and would it not be better to prompt for a serial?

Collapse -
Only Adobe knows that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2009 2:53 AM PDT
In reply to: confusing

So ask them. Many such trials mark the machine and when the trial period is over you see errors like the above. I'm not privy to what Adobe did or does so be sure to ask the right (Adobe) people.

Bob

Collapse -
stupid
by mr3army / September 30, 2009 3:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Only Adobe knows that.

i swear on the school computers if the trial expires it will promt you to enter a serial to continue i think my photshop screwed up and still that doesnt solve the program not installing uh

Collapse -
It's a trial.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2009 3:41 AM PDT
In reply to: stupid

And these trials are trouble after they are installed. What more can be offered here. The trial is dead, is spitting out the usual license errors and Adobe knows what to do next.

If you want a fix from me it's only to wipe the machine clean and start over to get another 30 days.
Bob

Collapse -
well
by mr3army / September 30, 2009 3:57 AM PDT
In reply to: It's a trial.

so should i go to the adobe fourm?

Collapse -
You could but since its a trial
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2009 4:15 AM PDT
In reply to: well

You'll get nowhere. Only Adobe could tell you a way to extend a trial and then why should they? If the trial didn't expire why would anyone buy the real thing?
Bob

Collapse -
stupid
by mr3army / September 30, 2009 4:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Only Adobe knows that.

i swear on the school computers if the trial expires it will promt you to enter a serial to continue i think my photshop screwed up and still that doesnt solve the program not installing uh

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.