General discussion

Photoshop

How do I delete an object from a photo in Photoshop?

Thanks. Lisa

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Photoshop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Photoshop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Go to layers

Go to Layers and drag Object to trash

- Collapse -
Reply to thread

Absolutely right.Correct answer.

- Collapse -
You have several options

This is assuming you have Adobe CS2-3 which is what I have on my Windows XP with 250 gigs, AMD Athlon 64 processor. I'll be giving instructions for CS3. First, you can do an extract (it's on the the filters menu) from there you trace around the object and extract, but that's going to leave a white area in place, unless what you want extracted is what you're going to keep. Next, you can go the the tools area and pick the "magnetic lasso" and click around the object and once you've created what is known as "marching ants" around the object, hit control C, followed immediately by control V, which is copy and paste and you'll have the object on a layer all by its lonesome. Hope that helps.

- Collapse -
cutting object photoshop

Make sure you are in the layer that the image is on. Either use the rectangular marquee and drag it over the object in the picture (if you click on shift - PC's - at the same time it will keep all sides of the square exactly equal).

Or, as mentioned above use the lasso to roughly draw around the object and either simply cut...or cut and paste and it will appear in a new layer.

Or, if you want to be very fancy, use the magnetic lasso which will automatically follow the lines of the image you want to cut out (provided there is a good strong contrast between the object and the background)

CNET Forums

Forum Info