General discussion

Photo Slide Show with Music

I am looking for a relatively simple software program to create digital photo slide shows with background music. I would like to be able to view the slide shows on my PC, email them as attachments, upload to Facebook or burn to DVD. The program does not need to be feature laden in terms of editing, flipping, fading photos, adding text or have other capabilities making it to complicated for the average user. I have noted several online services to create slideshows on but would prefer to do this with my own software on my PC, that being a Dell XPS430 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. All of my photos are JPG and my music files are MP3. Thanks to all that share their favorite programs.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Photo Slide Show with Music
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Photo Slide Show with Music
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Windows Movie Maker

With Vista Ultimate it should come as standard, Start > All programs > Accessories > Windows Extras.

In effect you are making a movie of a selection of images, and adding a sound track. WMM should be able to do that for you, and you experiment with using it.

Hope that helps.

Mark

- Collapse -
Photo Slide show in Movie Maker
- Collapse -
Windows Live Movie Maker

I cannot find a WLMM tutorial/manual in print. Are there any on-line tutorials? Thanks, Irwin

- Collapse -
Ashampoo

I use Ashampoo Slideshow Studio HD. You can include a variety of transition effects between pictures, add music to the slideshow, and produce an output in a variety of formats including one for a DVD player. Ashampoo can be found at ashampoo.com.au and I think they allow a fully functioning trial download.

- Collapse -
Here's one
- Collapse -
Photostory 3

I've use PhotoStory 3, a free download from Microsoft. It's easy to use, has transitions, text that can be added to the slide, and music. Just download it and give it a try.

- Collapse -
Affirmed

It used to do a great job for me on XP, too, but I have not used it for a couple of years now and cannot say whether it would work with W7 64-bit.

- Collapse -
Slide show with music try Irfanview

Dead easy, can intersperse slides with mp3s and burn to CD with Nero plugin so when the disc is put in any PC it will automatically play the show. And Irfanview is free. Have used it for years. Enjoy!

- Collapse -
You may try Photo DVD Burner Professional

You may try Photo DVD Burner Professional, which enables you to create digital photo slideshows for TV, PC, iPod, iPad, PSP, Website, YouTube, MySpace and more.
It also allows you to burn your slideshows to DVD discs to play on DVD Player.

Source:

http://www.photodvdburner.com

CNET Forums

Forum Info