General discussion

Photo aspect wide after downloading

After transferring photos from my camera to my PC the subjects are not as the original photo taken. People that are actually thin show as stocky. I used another PC and the pictures downloaded normally. I have used different photo programs, i.e. Kodak, Roxio, windows Photo Gallery. I put my memory card directly into the PC with the same results. I tried changing my video setting, and updated my NVIDIA card driver. Changing the size of the photo doesn't do any good just changes the perimeter measurments. I know I can edit the photos so people look thinner but can you imagine doing that to every pic I take. Photos already stored are not affected by this problem. I am using vista home edition. Hope someone can help.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Photo aspect wide after downloading
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Photo aspect wide after downloading
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Or.

Or the app you view the photos is not set to "maintain aspect ratio."

I see you list quite a few but no mention about that setting in each app.
Bob

- Collapse -

If I change the size of the pictures and and maintain the size ratio the subjects don't change they still remain wide as they downloaded. Only the perimeter of the pictures change. One other thing, since I downloaded this last batch of photos windows doesn't give me and option as to where to download them to. I now have to open a program like windows photo gallery to download. I checked and my option to choose all downloads is still set.

- Collapse -
Or.

There is an issue with Windows display settings. I've found folk with new wide displays but the driver is set at 1024x768 which is not going to work well when it comes to the right ASPECT RATIO. You wrote "size ratio" which is a new term to me. Let's see what google says on that?

Yes, it appears folk use that interchangeable with ASPECT RATIO.
Bob

- Collapse -

I changed the resolution back to the defult setting (how it got out, I don't know) but everything works fine now.

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info