Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Petition to pressure Lee to...

by null. / November 11, 2006 6:23 AM PST

evaluate the status of a moderator.

the job of the moderator is to control the inflaming posts and infighting among the members of a discussion group it is a thankless position in this case not associated with compensation.

The reason I call for this action is the moderator in question is so liberal he is incapable of moderation and often time inflames an argument to the level of violation and does so with impunity and arrogance, qualities not associated with evenhanded, levelheaded decision making ability.

I Don Erickson call for the removal of Dave K as moderator of the Speakeasy forum.

Don Erickson

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Petition to pressure Lee to...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Petition to pressure Lee to...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) I agree.
by EdH / November 11, 2006 6:28 AM PST
Collapse -
Now you are just being silly
by duckman / November 11, 2006 6:33 AM PST

Besides, WON'T HAPPEN !!!

Collapse -
(NT) It will NOT happen!
by Glenda / November 11, 2006 6:33 AM PST
Collapse -
I have to make the attempt
by null. / November 11, 2006 6:36 AM PST
In reply to: It will NOT happen!

for SE's sake

Collapse -
I do agree. But..........
by Glenda / November 11, 2006 6:40 AM PST

have you ever thought that when you call the bosses decisions into question, all it does is piss the boss off??

Collapse -
(NT) OK that was P.I.S.S Off!
by Glenda / November 11, 2006 6:41 AM PST
Collapse -
So what??
by duckman / November 11, 2006 6:46 AM PST

right is right

Collapse -
I agree completely. It is long past time.
by Kiddpeat / November 11, 2006 6:54 AM PST

Apparently Dave thinks the natural order of the world has been restored. The Democrats once again control Congress. Surely, it is now just a matter of time till they win the Presidency.

Thus, it clearly is time to stop all partisan posting, criticism of Democrats, or observations regarding the consequences flowing from events. Any further failure to post in a bipartisan manner will be dealt with promptly I'm sure.

That appears to be his message.

Collapse -
Of course,
by duckman / November 11, 2006 6:55 AM PST

that's just your opinion,

Collapse -
PS: Isn't it a great perk to put the final comment in a
by Kiddpeat / November 11, 2006 7:04 AM PST

thread, and then lock it? Where have we seen that before?

Oh yes. DK, the item I posted, and you deleted, was Katie Kouric's lead item on the news last night.

Collapse -
NO !!
by duckman / November 11, 2006 7:08 AM PST

What's better is UNLOCKING a thread then putting in the last word and then relocking it. That is the best !!

Collapse -
Surely Dave K. as every other American or, for that matter
by dawillie / November 11, 2006 7:40 AM PST

citizen of a free world country like my Canada, is entitiled to his opinion?

I mean it is Armistice Day/ Remembrance Day and today, we honour those members of our Armed Forces, including the one's in Iraq and Afghanistan, who laid down their lives for this very freedom, the right to express one's opinions.

It is a well know fact that Dave K. is on one side of the political house and many others here are on the other.

However I do not see him locking a post just because it goes against his personal political stance.

David Williams

Collapse -
(NT) You don't?
by EdH / November 11, 2006 7:44 AM PST
Collapse -
quite honestly, no.
by dawillie / November 11, 2006 7:51 AM PST
In reply to: You don't?

it may have been a combination of flames including something anti-Dem.

but locking some inflammatory comment made solely against the party, does go against the concept of Moderator and hopefully Lee Koo is astute enough to pick up on it and 'discuss' with Dave K.

Collapse -
in the thread which I was involved this morning
by null. / November 11, 2006 8:13 AM PST
In reply to: quite honestly, no.

there were no flames and nothing violating the TOS the only reason can be he disagreed with its content and deleted the thread, he needs to go.

Don Erickson

Collapse -
Well, it's not really "someone"
by duckman / November 11, 2006 8:13 AM PST

deleting posts, rather it is the incredible inconsitency in which some posts are left and some are pulled. And if you don't see that, then you aren't here enough.

Collapse -
Lee doesn't bother himself with this forum
by Evie / November 11, 2006 9:35 AM PST

The SE Mods (not all, but enough) have been hiding behind the "we email him every one of our abuses" excuse for too long.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
Tend to agree with you and will add that
by Steven Haninger / November 11, 2006 7:53 AM PST

I believe everything that affects the range of our emotions is there for good reason and we will need to feel every bit of it to gain a full appreciation for what life has to offer and what it does not.

Collapse -
(NT) Oops, meant to post under dawillie's
by Steven Haninger / November 11, 2006 7:55 AM PST
Collapse -
Thank you, David. Also...
by Angeline Booher / November 11, 2006 8:18 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Angeline your correct, but off topic
by null. / November 11, 2006 8:30 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) I welcome her "off topic" comments :-)
by grimgraphix / November 11, 2006 8:59 AM PST
Collapse -
the proper way to proceed
by null. / November 11, 2006 12:04 PM PST

is to start a new thread with the new topic

Collapse -
I would have thought so too...
by grimgraphix / November 11, 2006 4:17 PM PST

... but I had several other members tell me recently that such off topic comments were not only appropriate but darn near necessary to make things right in the world.

I guess it's only on a case by case situation.

I'm so confused. Sad

Collapse -
Lurk much David?
by Evie / November 11, 2006 9:32 AM PST

Because if you did, you couldn't possible make such an inane observation. All of the complaints and then some are real, and multiple instances at that.

In his defense, Dave isn't the only moderator guilty of posting flames and TOS violations whilst locking and deleting posts by others. If you call that a defense that is.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
" i "
by duckman / November 11, 2006 10:12 AM PST
In reply to: Lurk much David?

Agree!!!!

Collapse -
Evie, that of which you speak has been going on for years...
by dawillie / November 11, 2006 12:35 PM PST
In reply to: Lurk much David?

just ask the one's who are not allowed to post anymore.

my point was, that I hope Dave K. is not so blind as to realize that his 'M' does not give him the right to arbitrarily delete posts that are maybe anti-Dem, that he does not agree with.

And, to answer your remark re: lurking, I prefer to post in VS where the problems are real, NOT personality driven, and yes, I hear about this place even if I do not lurk.

and, becuase V&S is my preference, is no reason why I cannot and should not post here.

you would be amazed at the number of threads I do read, from here.

and finally , lurking is not one of the things I do 'much' of.

HTH.

David

Collapse -
You hit it on the head David
by null. / November 11, 2006 5:21 PM PST
that I hope Dave K. is not so blind as to realize that his 'M' does not give him the right to arbitrarily delete posts that are maybe anti-Dem, that he does not agree with.

it happens to be exactly what he thinks IMO of course

Don Erickson
Collapse -
well dave
by Mark5019 / November 11, 2006 11:27 AM PST

dk has locked and unlocked threads and replied in same im not the only one who say it

Collapse -
If that be the case, Mark,
by dawillie / November 11, 2006 1:33 PM PST
In reply to: well dave

hit the mod alert button, every time it happens with Dave K.

hopefully it will wake Lee Koo.

FWIW we have been seeing this for a very long time and I hope Mr. Konkel has the common enough sense to stop after reading all these posts.

David

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.