Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Perminately remove microsoft tv\video connection

by king rat / September 28, 2009 1:33 PM PDT

That annoying Microsoft TV\VIDEO connection that appears in your networks sharing your connection and freezing your browsing CAN BE PERMINATELY REMOVED

it only attacks windows XP and XP Professional after you add the updates and upgrades to SP2 and SP3. If you have any of the upgrades from microsoft, either SP2 OR sp3. go into add/remove and uninstal them both.

it'll probably tell you that some or all your other programs might not work after you do, but it doesnt effect anything, its a ploy.

after you remove these two ugrades, restart your computer, go look in network connections, that annoying tv\video connection will be GONE!

Heres a good safeguard, go online and google search "winsock fix" download it takes 2 seconds
go off line and click on the red cross icon of winsock fix, a small window appears, click backup first, then click "fix" you'll hear a tone wen its done, and it requires a bootup. what this does is it restores your winsock keys and registry to when you first loaded up your operating system.. after awhile the registry changed and, sometimes after you pickup enough cookies or spyware the winsock is full of holes, the winsox fix sews those holes together the way they were meant to be.

if you put one of the upgrades back on, skip sp2 and use sp3, sp2 was never really a stable upgrade and caused alot of problems when it came out.

if you dont use firefox 2.11 as a browser, you should, your chances of not getting that annoying connection will be null. firefox 3.0 and up suck, use the older version, you can download it free at www.oldversion.com firefox is linux bae for windows, and people who use linux dont get these little problems.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Perminately remove microsoft tv\video connection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Perminately remove microsoft tv\video connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Strange.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 28, 2009 8:58 PM PDT

I have XP SP3 and all updates after that, and don't have that network connection listed.

Might this not be a web cam or other USB camera to the setup?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q303302

If so, then deleting that connection might prevent the user from using the web cam.

I also have to add, I don't know why you posted this. It appears to be instructions, or guidelines, but if so, it is unsolicited, ie, not asked for. Why do that?

Mark

Collapse -
I've never seen it either . . .
by Coryphaeus / September 28, 2009 9:41 PM PDT

Might yours be equipped with a tuner card or such.

And one wonders the reason for your post. Were you replying (unsuccessfully) to some other post?

Collapse -
MStv\video
by king rat / September 29, 2009 2:38 AM PDT

that microsoft tv\video connection shows up in your networks, if you've never seen it you eventually will. its a worm that came from yahoo mail, it freezes your connection and makes your dsl/broadband seem like you have a dial up connection. i know alot of people have this and can't get rid of it, you can't disable it, nor delete it, its imbedded in your system32 drivers and when you delete it there a few seconds later and it appears again

left alone it will eventually grow to the point where is screws up your restore points and boot sectors and if you have XP PRO SP2 your chances of getting it are high, according to computer associates.

i noticed after i switched to my XP partition, i also have linux vector on the same drive. linux told me it tried to attach itself but has quarentined it and moved it to windows.

if you dont have it then dont worry about it, but if you do get it in the future, know that this cure works!

Collapse -
MS TV\VIDEO WORM
by king rat / September 29, 2009 2:45 AM PDT
In reply to: MStv\video

this has nothing to do with a webcam, or any firewire cards installed, its a bogus program and now that i think of it, everyone i know who has comcast broadband got this thing. so if you dont have comcast, you probably fine.

Collapse -
LAN2 Connection
by mstvconxn / September 28, 2011 2:20 AM PDT
In reply to: MS TV\VIDEO WORM

Mine shows as Microsoft TV/Video connection. Keeps coming back after uninstalling the drivers, deleting them manually, restarting. Not able to disable/remove/disconnect. Anyone has removed this ****** permanently? Even shows as a 30Mbps conxn.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.