Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Pentagon footage from 9/11 to be released shortly

by Evie / May 16, 2006 3:35 AM PDT

Just a heads up if you're near a TV.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Pentagon footage from 9/11 to be released shortly
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Pentagon footage from 9/11 to be released shortly
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
it's on the Sky News site
by jonah jones / May 16, 2006 5:24 AM PDT
Collapse -
I doubt this will change any minds...
by EdH / May 16, 2006 5:46 AM PDT

if anything more red meat for the conspiracy crowd.

Collapse -
They would change their minds
by WOODS-HICK / May 16, 2006 7:19 AM PDT

if THEY were IN the airplane, but their cohorts would believe it was government induced mass hypnosis .

Collapse -
I have an intelligent friend who actually proposed this
by Ziks511 / May 16, 2006 7:57 PM PDT

particular conspiracy theory shortly after the incident. I suspect she was surfing the web and came across it. Her "evidence" was the supposed absence of engines in the wreckage (considering how solidly the Pentagon was built it would be surprising if they were intact) my evidence was the death of 200 + passengers, plus all the other passengers lost in the World Trade Center disaster, because part of the theory was that it was a UPS or some other non-passenger carrying aircraft.

Its amazing what some people will believe.

Rob

Collapse -
Another conspiracy theory
by wwerts / May 16, 2006 8:18 PM PDT

I have a friend who claims that there were no crashes into buildings at all. He claims that the Air Force fired missiles into the buildings, then edited the film with cgi planes to make it look like a terrorist attack. Then, cia operatives posing as news reporters aired the dummied footage. He even has a video showing missiles impacting against the buildings which he swears is authentic.

I don't buy it. I think his video is dummied, but then I've noticed that Leavesden is pretty good at making it look like people can actually fly on broomsticks, so seeing in a video, that surfaced years after an event occurred, to me, isn't believing.

Then there's the time angle. I saw the first jet hit on TV when it happened, well actually shortly after. My sister was there, and confirmed the time frame for me. The cia would have had a window of about 5 minutes to edit, transfer, and air the footage. Even the experts in hollywood aren't that good.

Collapse -
NBC carried the second attack on the WTC live
by Josh K / May 17, 2006 12:16 AM PDT

They were reporting on the first attack when the second plane hit, on live TV. Faking that would have been a pretty neat trick.

There were thousands of eyewitnesses in lower Manhattan, people on the street, etc. They'd all have to be in on it too.

The conspiracy theories are just plain nuts.

Collapse -
There were lots of eyewitnesses at the Pentagon too...
by EdH / May 17, 2006 12:20 AM PDT

still doesn't deter the conspiracy whackos.

Collapse -
i don't consider myself a conspiracy whacko
by jonah jones / May 17, 2006 1:45 AM PDT

and i think i'm of average intelligence, but of all the "theories" that were going around, the Pentagon was the hardest to disprove....

and now of course the "pentagon video clip" which was supposed to disprove once and for all any theory has been shown to be as much help as a walking cane to a paraplegic (sorry dragon, if you can see an airliner in that clip, your eyes are a heck of a lot better than mine) the "whackos" will still be able to scream !!!!hoax!!!!

Collapse -
Not that hard to disprove...
by EdH / May 17, 2006 2:00 AM PDT

Do a search on this forum and you'll find links to evidence that establishes fairly well what hit the Pentagon and refutes the claims of the conspiracy folks. I am 100% satisfied that a 757 hit the Pentagon and nothing else.

The new tape doesn't really change anything one way or the other. I don't know who claimed that it would disprove anything for once and for all.

Collapse -
Newest conspiracy theory - just in
by wwerts / May 17, 2006 2:22 AM PDT

***DISCLAIMER*** This is a joke. Created by my for entertainment purposes only. If you laugh, then my purpose is served. If you don't, then you have a rubbish sense of humor. This is a joke. This is not intended as a slam on any gender, political party, faith, ethnicity, company, or age group. No animals were injured or killed during the writing of this joke.***DISCLAIMER***

Latest news - Santa Claus responsible for destruction at the Pentagon. Santa Clause looked at the latest polls and noted that only 1 out of every 500 children believes in him. His chief elf laid the blame on the Pentagon, claiming that they have a secret program to discredit all undocumented migrant workers, especially popular ones. So in one final last desperate act, Santa loads some lazy elves into a spare sleigh, hitches up some bull elk, and has it flown into the Pentagon in retaliation. Then he used his magickal powers - the same ones he uses to refill his bag of toys after each house visit - to alter the video and perception of all witnesses. As a parting shot, all government employees are placed on the permanently naughty list.

***DISCLAIMER*** This is a joke. Created by my for entertainment purposes only. If you laugh, then my purpose is served. If you don't, then you have a rubbish sense of humor. This is a joke. This is not intended as a slam on any gender, political party, faith, ethnicity, company, or age group. No animals were injured or killed during the writing of this joke.***DISCLAIMER***

P.S. Dear Santa,

If you read this, I was only joking, please don't put me on the permanently naughty list.

Collapse -
Agree Jonah,
by John Robie / May 17, 2006 3:05 AM PDT

My eyes are about the same having difficulty seeing the plane in that video.

There are many still photos of aircraft parts, and of the plane approaching the Pentagon which take a trained professional to distinguish a aircraft approaching:

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=168198&messageID=1861525&tag=

They superimposed a Boeing 757 over the video camera shot.

I haven't heard of anyone in the press or elsewhere disputing those photo's as being faked.

Also, the 9/11 commission reports/presentation stated that a C130H pilot flying over DC spotted Flight 77 and identifying it as a Boeing 757 and reported to the Washington tower,
''looks like that aircraft crashed into the Pentagon sir.''

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6130-0.html?forumID=50&threadID=32704&messageID=377162&tag=

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) That friend is not intelligent then
by duckman / May 16, 2006 9:25 PM PDT
Collapse -
Too slow a framerate to be really useful, EdH.
by Dave Konkel [Moderator] / May 16, 2006 11:30 PM PDT

You can't really see what it was that hit, so the conspiracy crowd will still say "missile."

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
Wouldn't matter anyway...
by EdH / May 16, 2006 11:34 PM PDT

too easy to fake this stuff.

Collapse -
Useful, how?
by Dragon / May 17, 2006 12:58 AM PDT

You could see it was an airliner from the one frame it did show. Obviously it was not a missile or a bomb planted by Bush...

But I guess the conspiracy people will say it was doctored, even though they were probably the ones who asked for the release of the film.

Collapse -
acttually it was a ' judicial watch'
by WOODS-HICK / May 17, 2006 1:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Useful, how?

FOIA request to destroy conspiracy theory. Couldn't be released until terrorist trial over.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!