Phones forum

General discussion

Peak Minutes Used Notification

by shellyterrio / December 23, 2003 10:37 PM PST

Does anyone know of a phone and/or provider who will send you a text message or somehow let you know that you've gone over your alloted peak minutes for the plan you're on? I currently have Verizon and the only option is to call in to check minutes used which really is a PITA. I really don't have the time to try to remember to call in 1/2 way thru the month to make sure I'm not over my peak minutes. In our day and age there should be a way that you're notified w/ all the technology that's out there...any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Peak Minutes Used Notification
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Peak Minutes Used Notification
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:Peak Minutes Used Notification
by JJ / December 25, 2003 1:21 PM PST

T-Mobile has a feature that you dail #646# and it will tell you how many alocated and free minutes you used. Check with people who have T-Mobile service in your area first because some areas may have problems that are right in the middle of the coverage zone. For example: New York City in midtown Manhatan has a intermediate service.

Collapse -
by SnakeBlitzskin / February 9, 2004 1:15 PM PST

Most wireless carriers most likely, want you to go over
on your peak hours. Look at your billing statement and compare the $ per min. This is how thay make money
for being such a great service too you. Bump up your hours of usage and talk as much as you like.
Happy wireless adventures.

Collapse -
by adufrane / February 13, 2004 7:40 AM PST

I think that dialing #min on verizonwireless will send you a text message of your minutes- I am not sure if it breaks down peak/offpeak or if the call is considered airtime.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Peak Minutes Used Notification
by rochambe / February 18, 2004 12:35 PM PST

I have sprint and there is an option which cost like 2 dollars a month where you can either receive a text message daily or weekly updating you on your remaining minutes. Of course you can also call an automated number which just tells you your remaining minutes.

Collapse -
by dj56us / February 22, 2004 1:28 AM PST

Cell phone minutes Verizon has txt messaging with your minutes when you dial #646 it will tell you your minutes plus send txt message with your usage

Collapse -
Minute Guard
by minuteguard / December 29, 2004 4:01 AM PST

I'm sure you have already found the solution to your inquiry. However, I would like you to know about Minute Guard (www.minute-guard.com). Minute Guard monitors your peak billable minutes and sends a text message or e-mail prior to exceeding your allotment. With a family plan you are also able to monitor the usage of your children with ease.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?