Phones forum

General discussion

PDA Rookie I need help!!!!!!!!!!

I am looking into getting a PDA for nursing school but don't know where to begin. All I really need is a PDA that I can download programs onto like medical dictionary or drug calculations. I would like color screen. Can i get any PDA and beable to put these programs on it? Do I need something expensive like a T3. Any idea's or suggestions would be great. Any recommendations would also be great.Thanks Jack

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PDA Rookie I need help!!!!!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PDA Rookie I need help!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Tip. Find the software you want...

In reply to: PDA Rookie I need help!!!!!!!!!!

Then see what PDA it runs on.

Bob

Collapse -
money always helps

Yes you will probably need something expensive like a T3, or a clie. Or at least something with a zippy processor.
If you plan on downloading, then it means you need 'net, which is already a high-end-only item. (unless you mean apps which you will sync to the palm, in which case you dont need net.)

You will need a separate memory card to keep all your hefty medical files.

Find out exaclty what software you need. A pda is not a laptop: as far as I know, the software has to come on a card, or be a special downloadable program. find out what sort of memory and processor you'll need. Then look for a model with the highest satisfaction rating that meets your needs.
A tungsen 2 might also do it.
So might a beefed up zire 31.
ask other medical students what htey have.

Collapse -
PAlm Zire 31

I just bought one and I can buy medical software for it. It's only $149.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.