General discussion

PD Tracing Internet Mass Suicide Pact.

KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- Investigators are subpoenaing records from Internet chat rooms to try to contact people who may have planned to take part in a Valentine's Day mass suicide.

The move follows Wednesday's arrest of a man in Oregon who is accused of using a chat room to try to set up the mass suicide.

More........

Its getting crazier everyday out there.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/4188079/detail.html

George

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: PD Tracing Internet Mass Suicide Pact.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PD Tracing Internet Mass Suicide Pact.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Jim Jones all over again:(
- Collapse -
Man arrested after mass suicide pact e-mail

KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. ? A man who allegedly sent e-mails to solicit a mass suicide on Valentine's Day involving as many as 32 people across the nation and Canada has been arrested, officials said.

Gerald Krien, 26, faces charges of solicitation to commit murder, according to Klamath County sheriff's deputies.

The alleged pact was to take place Feb. 14 at Krien's home and involved one mother agreeing to murder her two children, said sheriff's Lt. Rod Dailey.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002176356_websuicidepact10.html

- Collapse -
Suicide Forums and chatrooms

Just type "suicide forums" at google and you'll get quite a bit of it.

In fact, similar news happened few years ago too. hmmmm like silly waiters and waitresses forums ---- suicidal people have a place to plan their horrible death.

I suppose there's something for everybody out there.

cl

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Unbelievable!!!!
- Collapse -
There is tremendous pressure to group think today. If you

try to do your own, independent thinking, you are criticized, condemned, and attacked. It is amazing that it can go this far, but not too surprising.

- Collapse -
Klamath Falls, OR - very near where I live

makes it even spookier when it's in an area you consider "home." K-Falls is where we do alot of our shopping.

Was going to post about this when I got home from work today, but thought I had better check first to see if somebody else had already done so Wink

A strange sidebar to this is that just the day before we had sold a webcam in our little computer store here where I work part time. Not unusual for a larger area and store, but we don't sell many of those here; in fact it had been well over a year since we had sold one. The customer had purchased it with a credit card saying it was a gift for someone. Very well may have been just that, but in light of this news, and knowing they were trying to locate all of the people involved in this, we contacted our local PD and gave them the information.

Scary **** Sad

- Collapse -
Boy, that is close to home Marcia

Webcam?? Do you suppose they were going to document these suicides? Wonder what possesses people to do stuff like this and others to follow them. Crazy!!

George

- Collapse -
apparently ....

... Krein had a webcam and had asked the participants to have one also. I suppose part of what he was going to "get off on" was watching all these people do what he suggested.

You're correct - crazy!

- Collapse -
I'm sure glad that County Sheriff

said one of their primary goals now is locating the children of the woman that was going to kill her 2 children also.

George

CNET Forums

Forum Info