Some GPUs are incompat with some machines. Try an ATI/AMD card next.
Hello! So I have an Acer Aspire TC-780-ACKi3, and have read about other people installing gpu's with no problem. Some extra information: the PSU is a 300watt from a company called FSP Group Inc, there's only 1 slot for the GPU, there's no option in the BIOS dealing with the card/slot.
I bought a Gigabyte GT 1030 LP and the very first time it was installed the PC turned on fully(even went to Windows). Later that day, the PC turned itself off and refused to boot back on with the card inside.
90% of the time, the PC won't even turn on with the GPU in it...and the single fan inside the case will attempt to spin and stop. Once I remove the GPU, everything is back to normal. Now, the other 10% of the time, the PC will boot into Windows with the GPU installed(the card's fan even spins). However, the problem is when I plug the HDMI cable into the GPU, there's no signal. I try going into device manager and the GPU isn't appearing anywhere(I even toggled show hidden items on). Without the card being detected, I'm unable to install the drivers.
What do you guys think is the problem?
Thanks in advance!