General discussion

PC to TV control (no wires, though floor/walls)

Hi, I want to be able to control my computer with a mouse and keyboard from my basement and have it show up on my tv.

I've seen http://www.warpia.com/ but this is line of sight only. You can't go though the floor or walls.

This is what I want http://www.icron.com/products/usb_new/usbvideo.php#PCTV (check the video)

But they seem to only be in development and are not being sold. I don't know when this is even from.

Please keep in mind that I want to do this from my desktop not a laptop to be brought to the basement. And I don't want to have to run cables though the floor

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: PC to TV control (no wires, though floor/walls)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: PC to TV control (no wires, though floor/walls)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Is gaming required?

If not, then research WIDI. As to the mouse and keyboard controls, there are remote units but one problem at a time. If there is any issue with LAG such as game play or you can't stand the mouse lagging by almost a full second then your quest is over for now.
Bob

- Collapse -
no gaming

No gaming, I do web design though. So photoshop may not work but I can code.

- Collapse -
WIDI
- Collapse -
longview wireless qustion

Have you or anyone tried this out? Are mouse movements fluid? This will stream the screen of a pc to a plasma tv?

- Collapse -
Not fluid.

ALL and I mean all remote solutions I've tried of this type introduce some lag. Gaming is out. And those that can't stand the usual up to one second lag (I'm exaggerating) should not look at remote solutions.

This is where the more common small solutions (laptops to other things) win every time.
Bob

- Collapse -
Is WIDI for laptops only?

is WIDI for laptops only?

- Collapse -
Today?

CNET Forums

Forum Info