by Blacko / September 30, 2004 10:06 AM PDT

I'd like to get suggestions about a PC.

I would like it to have
Arrow AMD 64 bits CPU (62 W or less)
Good 128 Mo GPU
Nice screen (at least 15")
At least 256 MB of RAM, expandable to 2 GB
12 cell battery
4200 rpm 40 Go HD (I will change it for a 7200)
CD/DVD-RW optical drive
At least two USB ports
A good battery life

So any body post anything that is conform to these specs.

Thansk to all of you that answer,

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC suggestions plz
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC suggestions plz
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: PC suggestions plz
by KenSanramon / September 30, 2004 10:51 AM PDT
In reply to: PC suggestions plz

There are very few mainstream AMD 64 notebooks out there yet (Dell does not sell AMD cpus at all).

HP and Compaq sell an AMD Athlon 64 notebook each and they have some good discounts and they can be fully customized. But they max out at 64mb dedicated video RAM (Nvidia)

Check out the E-machines at Best Buy - model M6811 (online also but not customizable) as it has the ATI 9600 64mb dedicated video.

Neither has 128mb dedicated video, however.

Collapse -
by Blacko / September 30, 2004 11:03 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: PC suggestions plz

Collapse -
by Blacko / September 30, 2004 8:48 PM PDT

No, the Uniwill have a 128 MB GPU and an AMD 64 bits CPU...

Collapse -
Beware smaller laptop suppliers.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 30, 2004 10:05 PM PDT

History is littered with people who bought the lesser names and found they had no spare parts and dismal repair options. Some would send in the machine and wait months.

Sadly, history repeats itself since many have to learn this lesson on their own.

Collapse -
Re: Beware smaller laptop suppliers.
by Blacko / October 1, 2004 6:51 AM PDT

thanks for the advise...

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?