Samsung forum

General discussion

PC Share Mgr / DLNA Question

by PirateParrots / May 30, 2010 2:24 PM PDT

TV Model: LN46C670M1FXZA

I've encountered a slight annoyance that is really stumping me.

My TV is connected to my home network. I have loaded PC Share on to a laptop that is connected wirelessly to my network. When the laptop comes on to the network the TV picks up both the laptop by itself, and the laptop (same laptop) through PC Share Manager. One is on DLNA 1, and the other is DLNA 2.

Again---same laptop on what appears to be 2 different DLNA connections to the TV. One looks to be the laptop by itself (i.e. without the aid of PC Share) and the second is the laptop through PC Share.

I'm hoping worst case it's just an annoyance. But I'm worried the 2 connections are wasting bandwidth.

Hope that makes sense...anyone encounter this before? Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get rid of one of the connections?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC Share Mgr / DLNA Question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC Share Mgr / DLNA Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
-bump
by PirateParrots / June 1, 2010 3:45 AM PDT

-bump-

Collapse -
PC Share Mgr / DLNA Question
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 1, 2010 10:23 AM PDT

PirateParrots,

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can offer assistance. The same computer is sending a network-ready signal to the other devices on the network. To get rid of one of the connections, you'd have to disable something in the computer. The TV is looking for the PC Share Manager software, or in soe cases, Windows 7 that is set to share files.

Are you able to stop one connection by exiting the PC Share Manager software?

--HDTech

Collapse -
DLNA servers
by jw650 / June 1, 2010 6:48 PM PDT

The TV will show one source for every media server it sees on the network (they all broadcast their presence - a tiny amount of bandwidth - every few minutes). You probably have Windows Media Player set up to share files.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?