HolidayBuyer's Guide

Samsung forum

General discussion

PC Share manager on BD-C6500

by Nepsa / March 31, 2010 10:15 AM PDT

I have just installed my Samsung C6500. I have connected the wireless network and can get on the internet-no problem. The problem seems to be the MUSIC function on the PC Share manager . I have downloaded the Share manager and I can get My pictures just fine on my TV, however I can NOT get the Music to work using the same process of Share folder/Set change state/share/set device policy process. I see the folder name on my TV when i enter the share manager from the main menu. I have also downloaded the updates for the C6500.

Could my itunes program be causing any problems?

thanks

Nepsa

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC Share manager on BD-C6500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC Share manager on BD-C6500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
PC Share manager on BD-C6500
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 1, 2010 9:29 AM PDT

Nepsa,

If the files are mp3, then you should be able to stream them. .AAC is a supported format for video files, but not audio files. You might try to rip a CD in mp3 format and see if that works.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Wrong
by jrjjrj / June 3, 2010 3:05 AM PDT

Samsung HD Tech in incorrect. .AAC is not supported for video files, despite the claim in the operating manual that it is.

I tried it using the latest firmware 1010.4 and got an error message "audio format not supported".

Collapse -
The problem with AAC is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 3, 2010 11:18 PM PDT
In reply to: Wrong

Which one? I see 9 "Profiles" at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Audio_Coding and a friend found more.

You are right that "AAC" is not supported but could it be that only certain profiles are supported? What would happen if we tried a few profiles?

But this does not matter. What I'm finding is that most folk download content and have no care what encoding it is in. They just want it to play.
Bob

Collapse -
m4a transcoding
by jw650 / June 3, 2010 6:05 PM PDT

Share Manager adheres strictly to the list of Samsung-supported formats. If you have a lot of non-supported files, the alternative to conversion is to run a server capable of live transcoding. I believe TVersity handles m4a just fine, though it may need some setting up to work properly with your player. Check the TVersity forums for advice.

Collapse -
Wrong again
by jrjjrj / June 4, 2010 12:05 AM PDT
In reply to: m4a transcoding

What I said earlier is that Samsung does not adhere strictly to the list of Samsung-supported formats. The list of supported formats includes aac in an mp4 container, but that does not work.

If as the earlier post suggested the support is limited to certain aac profiles, Samsung should be explicit about that. How am I supposed to guess what they mean?

All I know is that my year-old LG BD-360 plays these files happily, but the new Samsung BD-C6500 will not.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.