Samsung forum

General discussion

PC Share 2.32 and Firmware 1017

Does anyone know what these updates do? The Samsung website doesn't mention anything about the improvements to PC Share 2.32 vs 2.3 and doesn't even list firmware 1017. The last firmware version it lists is 1013.

The TV (PN58B860) promted for the update this morning. I will try them both when I get home in hopes that they fixed the FF/REW (seeking) issue via DLNA.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: PC Share 2.32 and Firmware 1017
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: PC Share 2.32 and Firmware 1017
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Upgrade to 1017

In reply to: PC Share 2.32 and Firmware 1017

My TV - PN58B860 also asked me to upgrade from 1016 to 1017. I am searching for information on what the upgrade does. Pretty cool that a TV checks and upgrades itself I think.

Collapse -
Update to software and fimware updates

In reply to: Samsung Upgrade to 1017

I haven't checked to see if there were any more improvements other than DLNA support since in my opinion, the TV is awesome except for the DLNA feature set.

What I found is that my x264 encoded MKV library still doesn't have seeking available but DivX encoded AVI's do. I played a DivX AVI file two days ago and it didn't have seek capability, with the upgrades, it does. So it looks like there have been some advances in DLNA support and possibly additional codec support--curious to see if MP4a encoded AAC audio will have support. I really don't care for MP4a audio but I have noticed in the past that the TV won't play a file with it.

You're almost there Samsung--please add seeking capability for MKV files, once you do, my wish list will be fulfilled.

Collapse -
Update to software and fimware updates

In reply to: Update to software and fimware updates

Rotty-LW,

I don't have any information on the updates yet - I'll see what I can find. Usually updates fix minor issues, and in some cases, adds capabilities. Unfortunately, I only know what is posted on the firmware update website.

I'll be happy to add the remaining item on your wishlist to the proper department.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Amazon.com is back

In reply to: Update to software and fimware updates

I got back-to-back firmware update messages yesterday. I'm not exactly sure if it asked me to upgrade the same version twice or first gave me 1016 and then 1017, but now I have the amazon.com on-demand widget. Was that added in 1016 or 1017?

Collapse -
Firmware

In reply to: PC Share 2.32 and Firmware 1017

One thing 1017 does is that it seems to now require UDN encryption for widgets. What this means is that the Samygo Extensions that allowed for decent media playback from the network have been rendered useless.

So, instead of fixing the significant dlna/networking problems the TV has, apparently Samsung just wants to make sure nobody else can, either.

Collapse -
1017 madness

In reply to: Firmware

I second the comment above which noticed the 1017 firmware rendered the SamyGo extensions useless which pretty much kills the fact I was finally able to actually use the supposed DNLA capabilities of the set. The 1017 firmware also seems to have deleted previous installed firmware versions on the TV which means you cannot revert to a previous version although this is an advertised feature of the set. Beginning to think I should have gone with the Sony after all.

Collapse -
Extensions

In reply to: 1017 madness

What is the version of extensions you were using prior to the 1017 upgrade? I noticed there is a 3.1 version out and was going to try it but if you've already used that and 1017 won't allow it to work, I won't bother.

It seems that others have been able to make the TV's function as we want them to function--surprising the manufacturer doesn't want to allow us to be happy about our choice to buy their product.

Collapse -
Tried 3.1

In reply to: Extensions

Yes, I was actually using the latest version of SamyGo and this crippling by the 1017 firmware has occurred with all of use using that firmware on the B750. The Samsung forum moderator suggested downgrading the firmware but the set won't allow it.

I'm hoping to actually get a response from Samsung on this issue...

Collapse -
UDN Error upon Frimware Update

In reply to: Tried 3.1

I have a LN40B750 TV and recently updated the frimware to 1017 and it totally crippled the SamyGo. I deleted and tried to copy SamyGo and getting UDN error.

I tried to call and talk to first level samsung tech support but those numbnuts does not understand what I was trying to tell. I was simply told that I should not have updated the frimware. They also told me that I was supposed to call samsung to update the frimware. As I did not its out of warranty. ***.....

I can't even downgrade the frimware.... Can any one please help... fix this UDN issue.... for new frimwares..

Totally disappointed with Samsung. I should have gone with Sony instead....

Collapse -
UDN error...

In reply to: UDN Error upon Frimware Update

Come on Samsung... do something about this UDN error...

Collapse -
UDN error...

In reply to: UDN error...

hydra78,

The claims that the software wiped out a previous version is not one that I've heard. I'd say if that was the case, but I'm not aware of that being the design. The best I can do is send that up.

I don't speak on any extended software, particularly one that calls itself a hack. I can't address that.

--HDTech

Collapse -
FW deletes previous version

FW1017 is the first fw to not store the previous fw in memory. As mentioned above there is no reverting if 1017 causes issues.

Collapse -
Go back to old frimware

Thanks for the update Samsung. I can we atleast be able to go back to the old frimware? After the update to 1017 frimware the reversal option option is completely disabled. I don't see any old frimware date. More over now I can't even install the old frimware online or using USB.

Collapse -
Reinstall older firmware

In reply to: Go back to old frimware

I second the above poster's remarks...BUMP

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.